Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4279 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Hondatrx350 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
do not use or even think about after market carbs for that atv !. if your old oem carb has been drilled out ?, your best bet is look for a oem used carb, and rebuild it with a shindy carb kit. AGAIN...DO NOT USE ANY AFTER MARKET CARBS ON THAT ATV !!!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Maybe he didnít do anything to it but drill the replaceable jet.

You definitely want a Keihin QA03A thatís the oem for it. They are available on fleabay just not cheapĖi bought one for $80 and after putting a $40 starter valve, $25 baffle and $25 rebuild kit in it i installed on my project 86.

The main jet is a 142, but i put 138.5 in mine and the high altitude jet is a 132? I run borderline high altitude so i think it helps.
so you should take your carb apart and see whazzup. Get a rebuild kit and a starter valve weíll help you thru itóthe Shindy kit comes with all new jets.

If the PO drilled anything on the carb itself , you can still keep it for parts.
Thanks for the quick responses,

I looked back in my messages and I still have the PO added, asked him what he drilled out and he said it was the choke slide, said it seized and he had to free it up. So does that mean Iím good then?
if it was just the enrichment valve, and not the bore itself ?, then yes, you are good to use that carb with a rebuild kit, you will how ever need to purchase a new choke enrichment valve if you do not have a good valve ?.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome