Honda ATV Forum banner

Stolen 2014 Honda TRX450ER sport quad from OHIO REWARD

5K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  GirlsRideToo 
#1 ·
Posted ATV on Craigslist, was contacted thru text by number 440-571-6139. Said he would pay for me to deliver. He gave me home depot address in Euclid OH. So I figured public place was good. He walked up to me at my truck, he looked at the ATV, started it, asked if we could take off truck to drive. We did this. I glanced around and thought where could he go. He did a couple little circles to see how it handled. They next thing I see is him going out exit of parking lot into busy street in traffic. He disappeared really quick. I tried to catch in vehicle but he was no where to be found. .

If seen please contact Euclid police dept, 216 731-1234 they have the case number.

vin number JH2TE3271EK500410

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's horrible and hope they catch this scumbag. Intelius shows that phone number is a land line in Cleveland, OH. Since you received a text message from that number I have to think Intelius is wrong OR the caller was spoofing the number.
I found where there have been several people searching that phone number, especially in 2018, on okcaller.com.
Keep us posted.

#3 ·
Seen this one on craigslist for quite sometime. Keeping a lookout in my area and anywhere i ride. Sadly anymore i turn and run from anything happening near cleveland. Its all either stolen or going to be. But if i see anything i will send you a message. Hope you can catch them trying to sell it and get them good.

#6 ·
Wow that totally sucks. I would have to think the guy Iives close by. And at least you know what he looks like. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#8 · (Edited)
posted on craigslist, you might think, they would be able to help. did you see the vehicle he was in? does the home depot, of any other business, have cameras, in that area. to bad you didn't take a picture of the buyer. food for future thought. why is craigslist flagging this, or a user?
this is a close operation location. should be some parallels, in in other locations, or even this one. are you getting put off, by the police? ?? they are really busy most times, and there is much crime. may not be much of a budget, for some things. that is a hard job. im glad im not a cop. i think at 1 time, being a jockey, was more dangerous, or real close, profession wise. not so much anymore. the police got to be way more on guard, than in the past. they have my empathy.

#9 ·
posted on craigslist, you might think, they would be able to help. did you see the vehicle he was in? does the home depot, of any other business, have cameras, in that area. to bad you didn't take a picture of the buyer. food for future thought. why is craigslist flagging this, or a user?
there was cameras at home depot but was too far away to identify. Bank had cameras but wouldnt turn them to police.
had many red flags on sale but I just didnt act on them. He walked up. Had money envelope with amount on it. ok but wasnt much to go on. thought maybe really excited about getting newer atv why envelope out. After looking into this more. they had counterfeit money and fake ID's. Police says it happens about 4-5 times a week in Cleveland area.
Not sure about craigslist, my thought it people doing this flagging them. if post gets too many reports it automatically comes off as flagged.

#13 ·
there was cameras at home depot but was too far away to identify. Bank had cameras but wouldnt turn them to police.
had many red flags on sale but I just didnt act on them. He walked up. Had money envelope with amount on it. ok but wasnt much to go on. thought maybe really excited about getting newer atv why envelope out. After looking into this more. they had counterfeit money and fake ID's. Police says it happens about 4-5 times a week in Cleveland area.
Not sure about craigslist, my thought it people doing this flagging them. if post gets too many reports it automatically comes off as flagged.
the bank seems kind of shady not showing pictures to the police, about a crime, or vise versa.
talk to a lawyer. cant say i put alot of lawyers in good stock neither.

Reactions: William Mahoney
#10 ·
Police in Cleveland dont seem too concerned about this. maybe next time someone sells an atv, get the key's an the vehicle, of the buyer. ya cant trust no one anymore. :sad

#11 ·
Wow , sorry for your lost , what a scheme ---- I would think there had to be someone else with him , someone who drove him to the spot , or he parked his vehicle in the lot and came back and got it later ------ you never know ,he may have gotten a ride from Uber

I sold a 250ex to a guy, it was stolen one week later , a month went by and I got a call from New Orleans Police that the bike was recovered and was in a storage pound , I called the guy that bought it , the pound and the city wanted $1,000 in tow fees , storage and administrative fees , he got them to drop it down a bit to $800 to get his own bike back , then it had $800 of damages , rear bar and exhaust worn off from riding wheelies , wiring harness cut ----the real kicker of the story is NOPD caught someone riding the bike on the street ( which came up as stolen ) and didn't even arrest them , but took the bike and made money off the guy that it was stolen from

#12 ·
That really sucks man, I hope it works out for you. Reminds me of when I was selling a Banshee two years ago. I went to meet the guy at a school not far from my house (it was the weekend so school wasn't busy). The guy looked a bit sketchy and he didn't have a rear license plate on his truck so I drove past and went down to the police station in hopes of finding an officer there. I explained the situation to them and asked if they would "casually" drop by to make sure everything went smooth. The officer was really cool about it and made it seem totally random that he stopped by and was just making sure this guy wasn't going to rip around the school parking lot on it. He stayed there until the transaction was complete. Luckily the officer didn't notice the guy missing his plate! He actually was a legit buyer.

Rob

#16 ·
ya had a burner phone. Ya police dont seem too concerned with this happening.
I didnt think he could really go anywhere, never thought he would drive right down the road.
So far nothing,
I am still trying to figure out a way to post it or find place to post it so when the vin comes up it comes up stolen.
I went to many of the vin check sites and nothing comes back on it.

If someone knows how to do this let me know
thx

#17 ·
your best bet ?, and its a long shot ?, but worth it !. post it on every FB site that wheels and deals with atvs, CL's for sure !. your local news paper in the free ad section, google stolen atv sites, i'm sure there is some out there !.

#18 ·
(your best bet ?, and its a long shot ?, but worth it !. post it on every FB site that wheels and deals with atvs, CL's for sure !. your local news paper in the free ad section, google stolen atv sites, i'm sure there is some out there !.)

Thx. Been doing this some. I think I will try more wider range. Cl it gets flagged lots of times.

#19 ·
ill keep an eye out on my end

i was told alot of stolen stuff makes its was to the south from Ohio, really sorry for the loss. im with you though i never would have thought twice about it but i will now. ill keep an eye out, my stolen broke down car that was taken with a flatbed made it to California some how(south carolina), the bad thing is it was a 1996 geo. i had to fax a paper over saying keep it because i wasn't driving across the country for a 1996 Geo storm.

good luck

#20 ·
i was told alot of stolen stuff makes its was to the south from Ohio, really sorry for the loss. im with you though i never would have thought twice about it but i will now. ill keep an eye out, my stolen broke down car that was taken with a flatbed made it to California some how(south carolina), the bad thing is it was a 1996 geo. i had to fax a paper over saying keep it because i wasn't driving across the country for a 1996 Geo storm.
good luck
Ya I heard lots end up in the south too. I did post some ads there too but still nothing. sorry about geo but sort of funny/strange for someone to take that make-model and sooo far away.
thx for replies.

#22 ·
i just used that free vin checker that is recommended in the classifieds and your vin is showing clean, i don't know if its to soon but if it was me id stay on that and make sure it updates. never know someone in a year may check that vin online and it wont do a bit of good if its showing clean.
Ive checked with this before too. Always shows clean. I tried to get it posted to come back stolen but I think they told me they only deal with insurance companies who report them. So I dont know how dependable the site is

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.