Honda ATV Forum banner

2001 Honda Foreman 450s

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  LedFTed 
#1 ·
Everyone from the forum saved me on the last 4 wheeler I was looking at so figured I would throw up the current one I'm looking at.

2001 Honda Foreman 450 S...asking price is $2200. 250 hours with 1395 miles. Looks like it is in good shape. Has footrest and handguard accessories also. I can't figure out how to post pics so I'll just link the marketplace post...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/393923164768063

Whats your thoughts?

#2 ·
looks like a clean ATV, but these days, everyone knows to wash things and tell you it was drivin by grand ma ONLY to get the mail LOL

didn;t see where it listed how many hours and miles

if possible, I'd take a compression tester, check that, and also, if possible, get atv off the ground and check wheel bearings, all the more so the left rear side, as that is a known weak link on these models!
once they go bad, they lead to destroyed rear axles in short order, due to water gets in and rusts splines off axle real fast!

then the rest of basic's on used anything
look for bent. broken, signs of being rolled and such

#7 · (Edited)
mrbb; 250 hrs, with 1,395 miles, at top of thread^^
does that weak link include 2000es models? it could explain some things i seen on mine, after i got it. i paid $3,000.oo in 2008. it had 750 hours, an 1,200 miles, best i can remember. i have to double check the hour figure. its wrote down somewhere, maybe here. mine was used by a farmer, up in indiana. he just used it to check fence, and tend to cattle, so the dealer told me.
it could be true, :smile, least it wasnt drove to church on sunday, by an old women.
the hours, could have been 450hrs, at 1,200 miles, an now its 750 hrs, at 5000 miles. the display is getting hard to read. i have to check some of my old threads. 450 hrs seems more realistic, with 1,200 miles.

#3 ·
Everything @mrbb said.

Wow, if those are original plastics that thing was kept inside. Also, I could not see any damage to the plastics and the marks are all intact. But, is that just lipstick on the pig??

One thing I like is that the guy selling it has several other machines. It looks like he works on them?? If so, he should be knowledgeable about it and, hopefully, be honest about the condition.

I think it's worth a visit to Florence to check it out.

#4 ·
That one doesn't look bad. Kinda high for a 450 IMO. The 450's are great bikes, but lack good brakes and that 01 is full time 4wd so driving one all day will wear you out.

You can swap disc brakes on it, and add a 424 switch out, or even an 02-04 OEM selectable front diff, but those mods will add substantially to your purchase price.

That said, the 450's seem to be the last of the more or less bulletproof Hondas.

I'd check it out. See how it sounds, and check what mrbb said. Most people on bookface are negotiable to some degree on price. See if you can get him down a little.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info. Hours and miles were per our conversation, I'll check on the gauge when I get there. I read about that left wheel bearing so I'll be sure to look at that.

I'm not really a trail rider, this is just for the farm. Thanks for the idea on the brakes, probably do that swap for sure.

The guy said he's flexible on the price. NADA has average retail at $1800 so I'll try and get it for that price. I'm going to look at it today

Thanks for everyone's input

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.