Honda ATV Forum banner

another good deed

7K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Brookie1122 
#1 ·
this is not about parts, this is about a guy down on his luck, and thought I would do my best to lend a hand for him. as most already know, powerstroke has been fighting his 1994 trx300fw from day one , well..he's having a ton of bad luck lately, spec today !..lol, soooo..i thought I would step in, and try my best to help a bro out. sooooooooooooo..with that said, if he even gets to check something out tonight ? ( which I doubt he will..not sure ? ), if he can't solve the problem ?, I stepped up, and offered to drive to the middle of TN sunday, and help him fix his trx300fw. poor guy has had one heck of a bad streak of luck I tell ya !. anyway, if he can't get the trx300fw working right between now and early sunday morning ?, I will be making a 5 hour drive east to show up at his house to lend a brother in need sunday, my some-what mech skills ( yes..i know i'm pretty good with old Hondas..lol ) to get him fixed up, and ridding around on his atv. all I asked from him is to pay gas there and back home, yes..you read that right !. I don't want anything for my time and labor, I just want to pay it forward, and help a bro out when he needs it more than ever right now. poor guy has caught heck today, I really fill bad for him, soooo..out of the kindness of my heart..i'm gonna play the atv rescue guy sunday if he does not fix it before then ?, i'll keep this post updated when I know more, ride safe ya'll :).

#6 ·
he's having clutch issues it seems now ?, i'll get him fixed up, and yeah..i'm getting my '' cold '' ones !..lmfaooo.

#5 ·
thanks everyone for the kind words. as it is now, it seems I will be making the trip sunday, unless he gets to tinkering with it before then ??..lol. I will make my way there, and hope to arrive before noon sunday, get his trx300fw fixed, and then were off to get my cow bell and cold ones..lol. as for the 5 hour drive ?..meh..i'm used to it, and this is for a good cause !. will update after I get back sunday night.

Reactions: _Wilson_
#7 ·
Good man Shady.. You’ll have that wheeler up and running in no time. I’ll have to give you a shout next time I’m in need of a hand haha!!

#8 ·
haha..if ya think i'm coming to your house ?..your dreaming big time !!..lmfao. yep..i'll have his trx300fw up and running sunday before I leave his house..bank on that !. ( that is..if I don't need any parts ? ).

Reactions: SamUK
#11 ·
this is not about parts, this is about a guy down on his luck, and thought I would do my best to lend a hand for him. as most already know, powerstroke has been fighting his 1994 trx300fw from day one , well..he's having a ton of bad luck lately, spec today !..lol, soooo..i thought I would step in, and try my best to help a bro out. sooooooooooooo..with that said, if he even gets to check something out tonight ? ( which I doubt he will..not sure ? ), if he can't solve the problem ?, I stepped up, and offered to drive to the middle of TN sunday, and help him fix his trx300fw. poor guy has had one heck of a bad streak of luck I tell ya !. anyway, if he can't get the trx300fw working right between now and early sunday morning ?, I will be making a 5 hour drive east to show up at his house to lend a brother in need sunday, my some-what mech skills ( yes..i know i'm pretty good with old Hondas..lol ) to get him fixed up, and ridding around on his atv. all I asked from him is to pay gas there and back home, yes..you read that right !. I don't want anything for my time and labor, I just want to pay it forward, and help a bro out when he needs it more than ever right now. poor guy has caught heck today, I really fill bad for him, soooo..out of the kindness of my heart..i'm gonna play the atv rescue guy sunday if he does not fix it before then ?, i'll keep this post updated when I know more, ride safe ya'll :).
Shadetree,

That is very kind of you to help a fellow out with his ATV. In the event he is unable or not in a position to assist with gas/travel money, then contact me on the side and I will cover the expenses.
dang bro, I want to thank you very much for your kind offer !, but I've got the travel expenses covered. he can cover it, just with paypal having a days worth of transfer and all that crap ?, I would not be able to get to him this sunday ?, so I had to handle it another way. still...just a big ole thank you. this gang..is what I love about this forum !..ppl come together, and help another out..thanks everyone !!.

#12 ·
Everything that you do , will come back to you -----------

I hope St Peter takes that into consideration at the Pearle Gates ---------- three guys got in a truck wreck going to work and all were in front of St Peter , St Peter told them that while in Heaven they would receive a vehicle to get around with , and the grade of transportation you got was based on how faithful you were to your wife , he asked the first guy " How many times did you cheat on your wife ", he say not once , St Peter looked at the books and said that is true and gave him a 2018 Lamborghini , the second guy answered twice , ST Peter looked at the book and said , it was really 3 , not too bad , I got a 89 Chevy truck , tear in the seat but the a/c works , third guy when asked the question says , I can't count it was a lot , maybe 300 , after studying the book , St peter says , it was 673 , bad but I have seen much worse , I got a 67 VW Beatle , and it has a radio that works , so after about a year the 3 meet up and are shooting the bull , the guys with the VW and Chevy P.U. notice the guy with the Lamborghini was down in the dumps , they ask why , he says I just seen my wife , she in on roller skates and one is missing a wheel

#13 ·
Shade, i can't add much to what the fellows said! Your a good man, for sure! i. Told powerstroke, i was hoping to swing by and shake hands with both of you, but..... Sadly things on my end aren't very well, but I'm doing my best to get things sorted so maybe i can! Dude .... Betty's is tops on steaks! Hope i get to shake your hand bro!

Reactions: cmanningjr
#14 ·
welllllllllllll...i'm loaded, be pulling out at 3:00am my time, should be at his house somewhere between 8 or 9 am ?. if ya show up ?, just listen for the wrenches turning !..lol.

#16 ·
Thanks, alloutoors, but i Got called in to haul from the field to the Bin all day :| got to make that money, AND shade, the same goes for me, as alloutdoors ... If you need anything (PM me or text) n I'll be happy to help, if need be, have a good day, I'm off to load up....have a cold one later for me lol!

#17 ·
safe travels Old man. . . . You can Video conference me in if you need a hand I'm doing laundry today.. LOL

#18 ·
safe travels Shade
and that's a great way to help someone ion need out, reminds me more of it was many many yrs ago
when friends/family, needed help
those with skills and called themselves friends or family, would just come and help, without the need to get PAID to do anything, I know in my area, almost NO one will do anything without money involved, and most will still not even show up, even then(even if saying they would)
so good for you!

#19 · (Edited)
thank you everyone !. just got back home. arrived at powerstrokes house about 8:30am, and dug in !!. first thing I noticed on right hand side ?, reverse return spring was sticking down in between the two case halves ?..ummm..not good !..lol. second thing noticed, when all bolts were removed by me, the cover sprung out ?..ummm..not good !..lol. his gasket got torn from the reverse return spring, put a good dent in both sides, I was able to salvage it with some hondabond he had on hand. third thing that stuck out like a turd in a punch bowl ?..THE REVERSE LEVER WAS BENT BAD !!. not good...sooo..with a little bending from my vise grips, and his bench vise, I was able to straighten it back out, all back together, now the kick start shaft was not working ?..welllllllll crap..he said it could wait..but I finally said..nopeeeeeee..i'm here..i ain't leaving until its running ?..AND RIGHT !..lol. needless to say..powerstroke is happier than a new born baby in a topless bar !!..lmfaooo..it's not only back together ?, but runs great so far !!!. pretty sure he's happy. got my cold ones, my cow bell, and said my goodbyes..and off, west bound and down, loaded up and truck'n !!..lol. sooooo..there you have outlaws..story had a happy ending :).

#22 ·
thanks mrbb :). had a good trip, got to meet another forum member, share some stories, was a great time. powerstroke is a great guy. I would have loved to spend more time with him , but I had to get back home, get some sleep, and now I am soon to get back to working on my kitchen...lol. i'd rather be wrenching !.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.