Honda ATV Forum banner

Artax Countrax. "bighorns?"

9K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  JBGill06 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard of Artrax Countrax tires? They look like the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0's. I read about them in Atv Action, and they said that they are a good replacement for the stock dunlaps that honda uses. I'm sure that a few of you guys and gals have bighorns, but is there anyone that knows if these Countrax's are any good.
Thanks.

#2 ·
Also, Through Rockymountain, the bighorns are $97.99 for 25x10x12 (which is usally the cheapest atv tire dealer i've used), the the Artax Countrax's are $65.99 through motosport.com, and they sell the regular Bighorns for $100.99. I'm not sure of the durability for the non-maxxis type name brand tires, so does anyone know what would be the better deal? Price is not a big deal to me, I just want the better tire.

#4 ·
This is the only review I could find. I recommend looking else where. This guy says the tires weren't even perfectly round...

"Here in Europe Artrax calls this tire "Countrax" instead of CTX. They also have a "Lite" version of this tire available here (lower pattern) which I tried out once. They have a very hard rubber compound, so should hold up well on hard surfaces. But they were far off beeing round... Tried to get them balanced, but no chance... Impossible to ride faster then 45 mph. Sold them after 2 weeks..."

#5 ·
Yeah, I would for sure look for something else! Spend the extra cash on the Maxxis tires and know your getting something of quality. Have you thought about the ITP Mud lites they are cheaper than the Bighorn's?

#6 ·
I have Mudlite XL's right now for winter and early spring, but I want a good summer trail tire that is better than the stocks. Thanks Guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.