350 rancher crank bearing - Honda ATV Forum
Repair & Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 2 times
350 rancher crank bearing

Does anyone know where the Support crankshaft bearing is at? Iv been told if the engine is in as it is normaly there is a kinda round cover on the front side of the motor and iv been told that is where it is. But i would rather have confirmation by people who know more about them then i do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:56 PM
Supporting Member

Liked: 138 times
What year and model 350 Rancher are you working with? What do you need to know (and why) about the crankshaft main bearings? Need more info to get on the right page with ya...
Thanks,

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:19 AM
Supporting Member

Liked: 138 times
See page 12-22 of the FSM if you are working on what my best guess is... that you're working on. :-)

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crank-end.png
Views:	37
Size:	956.2 KB
ID:	76130  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

The rancher is an 2004 Footshift and another question. How do i get the front driveshaft peice off so i can change my one way clutch bearing. Turns out when ever i bought this 4 wheeler for $1500 like new no scratches at all or mud stains but me nor my dad knew that it had been sunk before but it was smoking just a tad when you would get on it. So this is the 2nd rebuild so im putting all new bearings that i can get to easily without splitting my cases and some of the seals that are important new so i hopefully wont have anymore problems out of it in the future or at least till i sell it. Thanks in advance for all the answers.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

I was told that the support bearing is in that round part of the case but not 100% on it. Cant get the case off because i dont know how to get the driveshaft off
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3721_1495175854514.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	76138  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Ohh and the reason i need to repalce it is when it did run but had to redo the timing chain and tenstion and guids. You could hear in the front like a bearing that sounded like it was ticking/clinging in the front its either my one wat clucth bearing which is like already done for or that support bearing. Sorry for so many posts i keep reading you comment RETO and keep adding my input
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1867 times
ok, for one, lets start from scratch. if t's been sunk ?, you REALLY need to pull the motor, split it, and flush/clean the motor out !. why ?..simple..you already rebuilt it once, and that failed !, want it to fail again ?, then do as I say, pull the motor, split the cases, flush/clean the inside out very good !. or your going to be right back to where you are right now in maybe 10 miles ?, maybe 1 mile ?. there is grit inside that motor that is eating your bearings up !!. as for the front drive shaft ?, if you will get the service manual, which you really should have done to begin with !, you would see it tells you to unbolt the front differential ( if this is 4x4 ?, cuz ya DID NOT SAY ?? ) pull it far forward as you can, then pull the drive shaft copular off either the front pinion gear ?, or the front output drive shaft spline ?, then you can get the front cover off, but in this case, you should really be working on just pulling the motor, and doing what ive been saying ^^^, the motor has been sunk, don't waste anymore time or cash !!, do it right, or don't do it at all. your time, your cash, my know-how !, your call :-).

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '05 trx500fm
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

and if you do decide to do it right, and pull the motor ?, this would be a good time to replace all oil seals, as well as a new cam chain, seeing how you will have the motor out, and apart :-). I've been down this road sooooooooooo many times with motors, it takes time, a little cash ?, BUT IT'S WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN !.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '05 trx500fm
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRancher View Post
I was told that the support bearing is in that round part of the case but not 100% on it. Cant get the case off because i dont know how to get the driveshaft off
that drive shaft copular is just stuck on the output shaft bro :-). just pull it off. it may take some '' help '' with a drift punch, or screw driver on the flange ?, but all that is holding it on...is nothing !. its just pushed on the output shaft, and has a o-ring under the motor side lip, nothing to it :-).

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

just for chit and giggles , is this the same trx350 rancher you worked on awhile back for a top end job ?, I remember this trx350 !. and it was sunk so you say !?!, and i'm pretty sure I warned you, as well as a few others, BACK THEN !, to split the motor, and flush/clean it out, or am I wrong here ?. and now your right back where we told you, you would be..correct ?..lol. I won't say anything else, as I think I've covered it enough :-).
Jeepwm69 likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode