Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Repair & Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
View Helmut's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 11 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
i do see it's tied into the dc consent power outlet..and also the alarm unit..sooo..my guess it's for some kinda power supply for something optional.
I would say that wire is for the fan that was offered as an option, since it ties in with the alarm unit.

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #2048
View shadetree's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
Quote:
i do see it's tied into the dc consent power outlet..and also the alarm unit..sooo..my guess it's for some kinda power supply for something optional.
I would say that wire is for the fan that was offered as an option, since it ties in with the alarm unit.
that almost makes perfect sinse..buttttt..why would they have it back near the battery ???. be kinda stupid to run a power lead way back there for a fan..when you can do that in the front of the bike. i'm sure it was put there for a reason..but..i'll be damned if i know !!..lol
Old 02-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
that almost makes perfect sinse..buttttt..why would they have it back near the battery ???. be kinda stupid to run a power lead way back there for a fan..when you can do that in the front of the bike. i'm sure it was put there for a reason..but..i'll be damned if i know !!..lol
I just looked at some wiring diagrams and the '88 had a ground wire (green) that ran from the reverse switch to the same location as that pink wire. Maybe it was an option to hook up a reverse light, but '89-up don't have the green wire.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda fourtrax 300fw starting solenoid problem-untitled.jpg  

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #2048
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just looked at some wiring diagrams and the '88 had a ground wire (green) that ran from the reverse switch to the same location as that pink wire. Maybe it was an option to hook up a reverse light, but '89-up don't have the green wire.
more than likely they were intended for reverse lights then. probally for canada models, or other countries..as some are street legal ..and they have to have all the lights for that purphase. i know in US..they are not street legal..so they have no need for reverse lights, that's what i think anyway.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member #8111
View Henry Anderson's Photo Gallery(0)
ok so the pink wire doesnt need to be hooked to anything...well i still have nothing happening the green light dont come on and the starter button dont work....but i havent checked the ground connection yet..can you tell me where its located?
In the future:
-424 locker
-front disk breaks
-ITP mudlights
-12in wheels (black)
Henry Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #2048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Anderson View Post
ok so the pink wire doesnt need to be hooked to anything...well i still have nothing happening the green light dont come on and the starter button dont work....but i havent checked the ground connection yet..can you tell me where its located?
it's down at the right foot rest,,behind the metal cover..you have 3 plugs there..one is the nuetral wire..other is reverse..last one by itself is the oil temp sensor plug. and did you check your neutral light bulb ??..lol. also..the elec start won't work unless the nuetral light comes on..because the c.d.i doesn't know the bike is in nuetral..safety feature.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
The main ground from the battery is bolted to one of the starter mounting bolts. The ground for the whole electrical system is bolted to the ignition coil mounting bolt.

If you were asking about the ground for the neutral light circuit, then Shadetree just told you in the post above.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member #8111
ok ill have to check that. thanks alot.
In the future:
-424 locker
-front disk breaks
-ITP mudlights
-12in wheels (black)
Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #2048
easy way too check your seloniod..unhook the neutral plug..yes..the reverse plug is tied to both of them..touch it to the engine..or frame..if neutral light lights up..push the start button..it should crank..that is if your selonoid is good and hooked up right ??...lol. near the plug where your neutral and reverse plug is..on the engine case..you can see a N and a R..they might be hard to see from dirt..as this area always gets covered by dirt and mud..but it will show you which wire is the neutral wire..but in case you get a brain fart..and quickly forget which one is which..lmfao..the green/red wire is your neutral wire.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member #8111
so i just want to let you know shadetree that i finally got to putting my new wiring harness on and finally the starter work perfect so ya im really happy and it was really easy. so thanks alot for all you help!!
In the future:
-424 locker
-front disk breaks
-ITP mudlights
-12in wheels (black)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Search tags for this page
1990 honda fourtrax 300 wire diagram

1990 honda fourtrax 300 wiring diagram

honda 300 fourtrax bad selonoid
honda 300 fourtrax starter problems

honda fourtrax 300 solenoid clicking

honda fourtrax 300 starter solenoid

honda fourtrax 300 wiring diagram
honda fourtrax silonoid
how to check a solenoid 1997 honda 300 fourtrax
how to fix a starter on a 97 honda fourtrax 300 4x4

starter solenoid honda fourtrax 300

wiring diagram 1996 honda fourtrac batter hookup to solinoid
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.