1985 honda 70 atc problems - Honda ATV Forum
Repair & Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

1985 honda 70 atc problems

Hello All,
I am trying to get a 1985 honda 70 atc running, I bought new carb,coil,plugs, and stator assembly and adjusted points and still will not run. Seems to have weak spark and at times no spark. Tried different rotors which had a little rust on them. Still no luck. Today I transfered all the new stuff to a 1979 70 which had a rotor that still looked new, no rust,and still having same problem. I did notice that the stator assemblies are a diff part # will this affect anything? What is weird is that I bought the stator assembly new, points and condenser came with it. Used the light system to adjust the points, and it seems like I got that right. I just don't know.... thanks for your reply's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalin114 View Post
Hello All,
I am trying to get a 1985 honda 70 atc running, I bought new carb,coil,plugs, and stator assembly and adjusted points and still will not run. Seems to have weak spark and at times no spark. Tried different rotors which had a little rust on them. Still no luck. Today I transfered all the new stuff to a 1979 70 which had a rotor that still looked new, no rust,and still having same problem. I did notice that the stator assemblies are a diff part # will this affect anything? What is weird is that I bought the stator assembly new, points and condenser came with it. Used the light system to adjust the points, and it seems like I got that right. I just don't know.... thanks for your reply's
sounds like the points are not set right..put your piston on tdc..loosen your points...i use a reg piece of paper..folded twice..stick in the points..tighten back down..leave the outer point ring loose..so you can slide it around some..if you got the points and cam lined up with all the marks...try cranking it..watch for good spark..if no change..move the outer ring one way or the other..until you get a good spark..honda 70's don't need much spark to run..and did you check your compression ?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I will try that. There is good compression.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode