Honda ATV Forum banner

2007+ Rincon fuel filter replacement

20K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kentco 
#1 · (Edited)
Today, I replaced the fuel filter in the fuel pump on my 2007 Rincon. Honda has replaced the original filter with an upgraded one. The old filter was on the bottom of the fuel pump, while the new one is in the vertical position on the side of the pump. You replace the plastic housing that slides over the pump by removing the old one and putting the new one on. There is an "O" ring at the inlet of the pump that may fall off and not be noticed! If it is missed during assembly, that little "o" ring will keep the Rincon from starting. If you check at the injector, it will look like it is working but will not have enough pressure to get to the spark plug. Since I didn't have a pressure gauge, I had to follow it forward to find what was happening. I had spark, and the fuel pump was running, but it wouldn't start. I hope this information might save someone a lot of head scratching and time. It made a job that should take about an hour turn into several hours with a lot of head scratching! My wife says my hair will grow back in! :)

when you pull the plastic thing off the pump motor there is a good chance that the red and black wires for the fuel pump may unhook, they are not on a plug but are single wires pushed on pins in what looks like a plug socket, make note of where the red and black wire go, I had to line mine up with the plug that plugs in to the top of the fuel pump. green is ground and connects to the black wire, the other one connects to the red wire. hope this helps

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.