Honda ATV Forum banner

How To: Video - TRX300FW Carb Cleaning

15K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  CHUM 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
I just clean and put a rebuilt kit into the carb of my 96 300. When I installed the slow jet it seemed to screw in way past what yours did in the video. It also didn't seem to bottom out so I stopped turning it in. It's the same size as the original I took out. The carb in the video is the exact same as mine. Kinda making me curious .. hope I didn't miss something, however I don't think I did. I also hope it's screwed in far enough or for the matter not too far even!

#5 ·
I just clean and put a rebuilt kit into the carb of my 96 300. When I installed the slow jet it seemed to screw in way past what yours did in the video. It also didn't seem to bottom out so I stopped turning it in. It's the same size as the original I took out. The carb in the video is the exact same as mine. Kinda making me curious .. hope I didn't miss something, however I don't think I did. I also hope it's screwed in far enough or for the matter not too far even!
I watched this video on here^^^^^^..and i'll be the first to tell you right now, that slow jet he shows in the carb ?..that is not the oem jet !!!..every slow jet I have seen on a trx300 is sticking way down inside the body !!..not flush like that one is ^^^^!!. that is not oem slow jet. the owner of this trx300 or someone ???..replaced that slow jet with the wrong jet !!.

#6 ·
those are AWESOME videos and help super-simplify the process. I wish I had watched these first. I never replaced the needle valve seat (the one that sits under the emulsion tube). I also couldn't get my long needle out of the plastic piston valve, but now I see how that's done.

My last screw up...I never re-assembled the air/fuel mixture screw properly. No small washer on end and no rubber o-ring. I guess I'll pull it all apart again to do those tweaks. EXCELLENT videos and thanks so much for taking the time to make those and share them. YOU ROCK!!

I also soaked my carb and put it through the Harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner and it works great for cleaning areas and passages you can't see.

my carb is 93 and looks identical. I assume only difference is the needle and jet sizes.

#8 ·
1986 TRX350 idle jet

Is the idle jet open all way through? Mine seems blocked just where the baffle starts. There is a hole at the screwdriver slot, I would think It should be but don't want to force something through if its plugged for a reason.
Any help is much appreciated.

#9 ·
Is the idle jet open all way through? Mine seems blocked just where the baffle starts. There is a hole at the screwdriver slot, I would think It should be but don't want to force something through if its plugged for a reason.
Any help is much appreciated.

Yes the Pilot jet will be open right thru to where the slot is.

#11 ·
Thanks for the quick response. I'm sure the jet narrows to a very small hole in the center, I've tried a very small sewing needle and cant get it through. I'm afraid to drill it out. Not sure if I can buy this jet if I screw it up making it a little larger. This Honda sat for 5 yrs with fuel in it.

Thanks again for your help.
Chum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.