Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Repair & Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
BongRipper

Member # View BongRipper's Photo Gallery()
carb leaking

trx300ex i cleaned the carbs and finally a got it runnin but now the carbs leak i stripped 2 screws on the float chamber and got em off so i replaced the screws with some higher quality screws but there not as long as the other ones but they still hold it together firmly.so this morning i noticed that gas was leaking out of my pilot screw it was a bubble of gas it wasn't bad but i still dont want gas leaking on my starter.what could be wrong i had the pilot screw turned 1 1/3 i tightened it a little bit but i dont know why its leaking?
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #2048
View shadetree's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 90 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongRipper View Post
trx300ex i cleaned the carbs and finally a got it runnin but now the carbs leak i stripped 2 screws on the float chamber and got em off so i replaced the screws with some higher quality screws but there not as long as the other ones but they still hold it together firmly.so this morning i noticed that gas was leaking out of my pilot screw it was a bubble of gas it wasn't bad but i still dont want gas leaking on my starter.what could be wrong i had the pilot screw turned 1 1/3 i tightened it a little bit but i dont know why its leaking?
the pilot screw does not leak gas from the float bowl...your float is sticking..and gas is either leaking from the bowl gasket ?..or it's leaking from the over flow tube..and running down to the bottom of your carb..making it look like your pilot jet needle is leaking. fix your float needle.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
BongRipper

Member # View BongRipper's Photo Gallery()
i just checked my float needle it seems to be in the right place ill see what i can do ill let you know what goin on later on
Old 02-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #2048
View shadetree's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 90 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongRipper View Post
i just checked my float needle it seems to be in the right place ill see what i can do ill let you know what goin on later on
if your getting any gas running out of your carb...while it sits ???..then your float needle or the float needle seat is dirty...this is the only thing that let's fuel fill your float bowl up. it's either that ?..or your float bowl is not tight enough to the carb ?..or your screws are not tightening down enough ?..orrrrr...your float bowl gasket is bad..and not sealing ?..could just be from not getting tight enough ?.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Search tags for this page
87 honda foreman carb leak
atv carb over flo leaking
carb leaking out of bottom jet
honda atv carb seat leaks
honda gx 390 gas leak
honda gx gas leak from carb
honda v30 carbs leaking gas on bottom of float bowl

leaking bottom screw on honda 200m three carburetors

repair leaking atv carburetors
why does my atv carburater leak gas

why does my carburetor leak gas

why does my motorcycle carb leak
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.