Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Repair & Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member #11796
View Bluestar's Photo Gallery(0)
Honda fourtrax 300 carb

Hey I just bought a 94 honda fourtrax 300 2x4 and when I bought it I needed to rebuild the carb. It hardly ran at all when I bought it and the idle jumped from high to low and backfired and was just a mess. I took the carb apart and put a rebuild kit in it and replaced all the gaskets o rings jets etc and got it to idle nicely. It runs but when I punch the throttle it backfires untill I shift up into a higher gear. I tried tuning the carb but the only setting it will run on is with the pilot screw all the way in and the throttle adjuster loose. Any other settings it idles really high. I changed the fuel,spark plug, tryed running high octane and than ran a take or reg fuel in ti it all did the same thing. I checked the intake boot to see if it was sucking air but it isnt. It runs like this I can take it out ane everything but Ide just rather have it running correctly. Anyone know what the problem could be? Do you think its worth my while to just buy a new carb? Thank for the help.
Bluestar is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #8365
View Deeperinthabush's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 11 times
Welcome to the forums...Free downloadable manuals in the Schematics/Manual help section in the Technical discussions ...When you replaced the jets in the carb, did you put the exact same size,and brand back in ??? I think you may have a too small main jet problem if it only happens when you go to wide open throttle...
FREE REPAIR MANUALS >>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html 1986-1992 trx350 parts for sale>>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-parts-sale/29225-complete-part-out-1986-fourtrax-350-a.html
Deeperinthabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #2048
View shadetree's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 129 times
carb's dirty..you need to blow your carb out with air...every little hole..orface...if yer jets are all new..then it's your carb..make sure you read the sticky from me on how to clean and rebuild a carb..it explains everything you need to know on how to clean a carb..spec for a trx300.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Search tags for this page
clean carburetor on honda 300

honda fourtrax 300 carburetor

honda trx 300 carburetor cleaning

how to clean a carburetor on a 1996 honda 300 fourtrax

how to clean carb honda 300

how to clean out water in fourtrax carburetor

how to remove a carburetor from a honda 300 four trax
how to remove a honda fourtrax 300 for cleaning
how to remove carb honda 300
how to remove honda 300 fourtrax carburator

how to remove honda foreman 300 carb

remove honda fourtrax carburetor

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.