Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Repair & Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member #10638
View Mrt71's Photo Gallery(0)
Great job Shadetree!!
Mrt71 is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #2048
View shadetree's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrt71 View Post
Great job Shadetree!!
thanks mrt71..when i get un-lazy..i'll do a write up on a trx250 fourtrax carb !..lol.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:08 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member #10673
View swamp40's Photo Gallery(0)
Thank You Helmut, I already have D/Led that manual.
I am not much of a mechanic so need all the pictures I can get ( and instruction) that manual doe's not have much of a break-down or exploded view of the carb. and I'm not having any luck finding one on the web.
Guess my next move will be to take it to the locale small engine shop, would rather do that than take a chance on screwing something up myself from lack of knowledge.
swamp40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
View Helmut's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 10 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp40 View Post
Thank You Helmut, I already have D/Led that manual.
I am not much of a mechanic so need all the pictures I can get ( and instruction) that manual doe's not have much of a break-down or exploded view of the carb. and I'm not having any luck finding one on the web.
Guess my next move will be to take it to the locale small engine shop, would rather do that than take a chance on screwing something up myself from lack of knowledge.
Will this help? It's all I could find.

Click the image to open in full size.

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member #18478
View Turbalt2010's Photo Gallery(0)
can anyone help?

stock 2000 400ex purchased about a month ago. quad ran great and is deff the best quad ive owned. it was leaking gas out of the hose on the bowl. the screw on the bowl was tight so i was told it was possible the needle valve. so my buddy has this great idea to have me get a rebuild kit and clean the carb all out and then put new jets and needle valve in.

we took it all apart put new main jet and pilot jet in and also a needle valve. the main jet screws into a tube the goes into the carb, we replaced that as well.

my quad now will not idle and will only run with choke wide open and giving it gas and it smokes a lot. can anone please help me as to what i need to do? something obviously is not right!
Turbalt2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #2048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbalt2010 View Post
can anyone help?

stock 2000 400ex purchased about a month ago. quad ran great and is deff the best quad ive owned. it was leaking gas out of the hose on the bowl. the screw on the bowl was tight so i was told it was possible the needle valve. so my buddy has this great idea to have me get a rebuild kit and clean the carb all out and then put new jets and needle valve in.

we took it all apart put new main jet and pilot jet in and also a needle valve. the main jet screws into a tube the goes into the carb, we replaced that as well.

my quad now will not idle and will only run with choke wide open and giving it gas and it smokes a lot. can anone please help me as to what i need to do? something obviously is not right!
not sure if you fixed your problem ?..but...your problem is your idle jet ?..or the hole it goes into is stopped up. remove your idle jet..and hold it up to a light, you should be able to see through the center of it ?..if not ?..then it has trash in it. it does not take much at all to stop the idle jet up. spec if your tank has rust or trash in it. the idle jet is the smallest jet out of all the jets..this is why they are a big problem in keeping clean. install a inline fuel filter..this keeps alot of trash from reaching your carb and jets.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member #21183
View WishItWorked's Photo Gallery(0)
I just finished rebuilding the carb on my son's 2006 TRX90. The slow jet was completely clogged. It idles now (YEAH) but still runs crappy at the top end. The revs pulse up an down at full throttle and there is an annoying latency between hitting the throtttle and engine response. When I was cleaning up my workspace, I found the part pictured below. Anyone know where this goes?

WishItWorked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
View Helmut's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 10 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishItWorked View Post
I just finished rebuilding the carb on my son's 2006 TRX90. The slow jet was completely clogged. It idles now (YEAH) but still runs crappy at the top end. The revs pulse up an down at full throttle and there is an annoying latency between hitting the throtttle and engine response. When I was cleaning up my workspace, I found the part pictured below. Anyone know where this goes?
Yes, that's your needle jet. When you unscrewed the needle jet holder, it must have fallen out. The needle jet holder holds it in the carb. The needle jet holder is the part that your main jet screws into.

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #29 (permalink)

Member #20906
View cpapillion1987's Photo Gallery(0)
thanks shadetree but does this work for 2000 400ex as well cause i want to clean my carb up too but i think its gonna be a little tricky doing it
cpapillion1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #30 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #2048
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpapillion1987 View Post
thanks shadetree but does this work for 2000 400ex as well cause i want to clean my carb up too but i think its gonna be a little tricky doing it
welllllllll..first..i'm not much into sport atv's ??..buttttttt..most carbs are all the same..they still have the basic parts..idle jet..main jet..and pilot jet needle..the only difference is where they may be located in your carb ?..but they work the same way. hope this helps ya.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Search tags for this page
2001 honda rancher- cleaning carborater
2006 honda trx400fa carb rebuild
2008 suzuki king quad 400 how to remove carburetor

atv quad carburator removal

carburetor cleaning honda rancher

cleaning carburetor on honda rancher

honda rubicon carburetor cleaning

honda trx400fa carb rebuild

how to clean a carb on a 2004 honda rancher

how to clean a honda 250 carburetor

how to clean carburetor on atv

how to clean honda rancher carburetor

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.