Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications

Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
adh

Member #1981
View adh's Photo Gallery(0)
Quiet your exhaust noise

Hey guys, you know how every public place to ride your atv is putting noise restrictions up?

I don't know about where you are but we don't have ANYWHERE to ride that isn't privately owned, because everyone complains about the noise.

I found this place.

ATV Silencer - Watch Video - Reduces Noise 60 to 80 percent

They have a product called an ATV Silencer, that reduces the noise from your atv a lot! I can almost sneak up on people on my quad now.

Anyway, just thought I'd share!
adh is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member #1075
View 300ex power by monster's Photo Gallery(0)
Send a message via MSN to 300ex power by monster Send a message via Yahoo to 300ex power by monster
aw let them complain i not maken my bike quite my quad is loud i prolly could get kick out of most atv parks but i dont i mean i get check every where i go

85 lt250r my and dads quad
98 bayou 300 sisters quad
87 bayou grandpa and grandma quad
110 polar bear sister quad
300ex mom quad
300ex power by monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
View Helmut's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 10 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adh View Post
Hey guys, you know how every public place to ride your atv is putting noise restrictions up?

I don't know about where you are but we don't have ANYWHERE to ride that isn't privately owned, because everyone complains about the noise.

I found this place.

They have a product called an ATV Silencer, that reduces the noise from your atv a lot! I can almost sneak up on people on my quad now.

Did you already get one of those? Did you notice any power loss at all?

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member #1759
View dooner's Photo Gallery(0)
Hey if you ride in an area that is sensitive to noise this could be the thing that keeps your riding area open. Weve alredy lost so much land to ride on because of noise, trash and destruction of property by people who dont care. I like riding, Its a really big part of my life. Make sure people pick up their trash and tread lightly.
dooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member #1088
View Billy250X's Photo Gallery(0)
Agree^^^^^!!People think just because it's a public place they can throw there trash anywhere.If every man went through the scouting program they wouldn't do this.They would have learned the leave no trace morals.I'm an eagle scout and live buy this.

1991 Trx250X Custom exhaust,K&N jetted,widened 7.5 inches in the back and 8 inches in the frontWarrior rear shock and z400 front shocks with custom brackets.Race cut fenders.+3 swingarm.Way more to come.
Building things makes me happy.
Billy250X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member #2046
View Atlanta's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:

I found this place.

Great spam advertise job there guy.

You guys,this person signed up simply to post a video link to sell there product.Mods should IP ban these ppl until they want to support the site and not take advantage.
1986 lt185 OLD Faith full
1996 bayou 220
2009 110cc panther (kids) with trx 90 motor and rear swing arm/axle. Custom a arms to come,full mx china build,lol.
Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member #1391
View divedakota's Photo Gallery(0)
Hey guys, Louder does not equate to faster in most cases. Even when it does it means an extra 5-10 mph faster. So your atv is capable of 60 MPH on a trail that anything over 15 MPH is suicide.
We have neighbor kids that ride the streets to get to an area they can ride off rode. No one objected to this until they took out their baffles and the noise became very obtrusive even to me. We have four side by sides and seven atvs. All of ours are stock and we have a ball on them and the neighbors do not mind.
Litter is caused by slobs. It never stops to amaze me that people have the room to carry cans and food in but don' have the room to carry it out.
Make fun of what I have said but both these issues are what causes us to loose our riding areas as others have posted. We all need to grow up and take responsibility for our fun. I get very angry to think that my kids and grandkids will not be able to enjoy the sport because of a few inconsiderate and immature riders.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Nick
divedakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member #1088
View Billy250X's Photo Gallery(0)
Agree^^^^^100%

1991 Trx250X Custom exhaust,K&N jetted,widened 7.5 inches in the back and 8 inches in the frontWarrior rear shock and z400 front shocks with custom brackets.Race cut fenders.+3 swingarm.Way more to come.
Building things makes me happy.
Billy250X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
View Helmut's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 10 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
Quote:

I found this place.

Great spam advertise job there guy.

You guys,this person signed up simply to post a video link to sell there product.Mods should IP ban these ppl until they want to support the site and not take advantage.
Yeah, I think you're right. He registered the same day he posted and he has only got the 1 post and he's not been back on this site since.

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications

Search tags for this page
110 4 wheeler quiet muffler
atv quiet exhaust

atv quiet muffler

atv silent exhaust
how can i quieten my exhaust on a atv

how to make atv exhaust quiet

how to make atv silencer

how to make my atv quiet

how to silence a 4 wheeler

how to silence atv exhaust

quiet atv exhaust

quiet atv muffler

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.