Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new here please post in this section so everyone can get to know you. This will be a kind of icebreaker section for new members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member #6605
View muddnman's Photo Gallery(0)
Angry 98 300 fourtrax swingarm

Alright so ive redone my rear final drive gears twice the first time everything went very well. now for some reason my swingarm will not lower anymore to fit the shock like it did before. and i have absolutely no clue why it wont. ive tried rotating the diff to see if it help but nothing lined up right then ha. anyways can someone please help me with this issue. thanks. if you know plz send me an email at tigersvarsity77@gmail.com or do watcha do and post in forums lol
muddnman is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 11-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #2048
View shadetree's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddnman View Post
Alright so ive redone my rear final drive gears twice the first time everything went very well. now for some reason my swingarm will not lower anymore to fit the shock like it did before. and i have absolutely no clue why it wont. ive tried rotating the diff to see if it help but nothing lined up right then ha. anyways can someone please help me with this issue. thanks. if you know plz send me an email at tigersvarsity77@gmail.com or do watcha do and post in forums lol
i'm not following you here bro..the swing arm doesn't lower to attach the shock..it goes up..well..the rear axle tubbing goes up anyway...you didn't put the axle tubbing from the brake to the differental on upside down did you ??. if not..try loosening the swing arm bearing lock nuts. and you may have gotten your u-joint on the drive shaft in a bind somehow..and it's not letting the swing arm go up high enough to attach the upper and lower part of your shock. thats about all i know that will stop you from hooking your shock up..only other thing that might be a problem..is you put your brakes backing plate on the wrong side of the axle tubbing on the right side of your tubbing.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #988
View mud99's Photo Gallery(0)
Welcome to the forums.
1995 Wrangler
2004 Ford Explorer
2004 Recon 250
2009 Troy Built Lawn Tractor
and a 110 Pink Panther
www.trxforums.com
mud99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member #6605
it only goes on one way. i cant rotate the tubbing lest the shock mount be on the opposite side facing backwards. ill go try and loosen up the lock nuts and see if that helps

oh.. when u said the swingarm might not go up high enough it dont have a problem goin up its just im off about 2 inches b4 i can slide the bottom part of the shock into the mount.

Last edited by muddnman; 11-11-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
View Helmut's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 10 times
Welcome to the forums. I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're talking about, too.

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member #6605
i dont really know how to explain it.. i can bolt the top of the shock in but when i go to slide it into the bottom mount, where the bolt slides through in the shock is about 2 inches lower than the tubbing mount
Old 11-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
Quote:
i dont really know how to explain it.. i can bolt the top of the shock in but when i go to slide it into the bottom mount, where the bolt slides through in the shock is about 2 inches lower than the tubbing mount
Are you saying the shock is too long or seems to be too long?

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member #6605
yes thats wat im saying but it never was before thats y im confused.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
Quote:
yes thats wat im saying but it never was before thats y im confused.
Ok, I know what you're talking about now. The shock just fully extended. Just jack the ATV up by jacking it up under the engine and let the swing arm hang down as far as it can. If the shock is still too long, you will have to compress it some way. You might be able to use a pry bar to sit under it and let the end of the pry bar sit on part of the swingarm or something and then lift up on it. You might even be able to use a board or something to lift it up.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member #6605
ive tried compressing that shock and its hard as a mug!!!! ill see wat i can do tho i appreciate the help and ill letcha know when its fixed lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > New Member Introductions

Search tags for this page
300 fourtrax extended swing arm
300 fourtrax extended swingarm
98 fourtrax swingarm break
honda 300 extended swingarm
honda 300 four trax swing arm removel

honda 300 fourtrax extended swing arm

honda 300 fourtrax extended swingarm
honda 300 fourtrax swing arm extended

honda 300 fourtrax swingarm removal

honda 300 swingarm stretch
honda fourtrax 300 swingarm tool
how do you extend a 300fourtrax
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.