Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new here please post in this section so everyone can get to know you. This will be a kind of icebreaker section for new members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member #18194
View bubsstang88's Photo Gallery(0)
86 honda 200sx

hello all,I am new here,I am trying to fix up an old honda 200sx and was wandering if there was a way to swap out the front hubs to run a 4x110 lug pattern and any shock/lift ideas for this machine.thanks
bubsstang88 is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member #18194
I guess no one could help me with that so here is few more questions,does anyone know what is the recommended oil and filter and how hard is it to change the filter and i have been noticing that after riding for a while when the engine is good and hot the(I guess you call it the clutch) starts slipping a little,no shifting problems but the engine revs faster than the it goes,any suggestions
Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
View Helmut's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 9 times
The 200SX doesn't really have a conventional oil filter like most models. It has a screen inside the engine and it just has a piece that bolts to the end of the centrifugal clutch that you have to unbolt and wipe off with a cloth. The crankcase cover has to be removed to clean both of these. Click on the link below and you can download the service manual for more details.

Honda_Trx200sx_Service_Manual_Repair_1986-1988.pdf

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
View Helmut's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 9 times
And welcome to the forums.

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #8365
View Deeperinthabush's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 10 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsstang88 View Post
I guess no one could help me with that so here is few more questions,does anyone know what is the recommended oil and filter and how hard is it to change the filter and i have been noticing that after riding for a while when the engine is good and hot the(I guess you call it the clutch) starts slipping a little,no shifting problems but the engine revs faster than the it goes,any suggestions
Make certain that you run a wet clutch compatible oil,or else the clutch will slip,and go out...You can adjust the clutch on it by loosening the clutch adjustment nut,gently turning the screw ccw inwards until it stops,then backing it outwards 1/4 of a turn,holding it with screwdriver while locking the lock nut back down...Do a short change on the oil(change it,run it for half an hour,or so,then drain it again while the oils still good n warm will help clean out the bottom end including the transmission,and clutch)...As to a lift,you can build,or buy shock spring spacers which when installed on the shock under the bottom of the spring will only lift the atv upwards the amount of down travel the shocks have...How much you can pick the front end up before the shocks are fully extended..Maybe 1".or 1.5" would be the max lift on the front if that...If you want a 4/110 bolt pattern up front,order a pair of adapters off feeBay for around 60 bux...
FREE REPAIR MANUALS >>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html 1986-1992 trx350 parts for sale>>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-parts-sale/29225-complete-part-out-1986-fourtrax-350-a.html
Deeperinthabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member #17696
View CavemanTiny's Photo Gallery(0)
Ahh, '86 200sx brings back fond memories. Welcom to the forums.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member #18194
thanx for the info
Old 05-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member #16417
View Mudslinger11's Photo Gallery(0)
Welcome from NW Florida

In The Mud
Mudslinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > New Member Introductions

Search tags for this page
200 sx honda quad trans oil
200sx honda
200sx honda atv
86 honda 200sx
86 honda 200sx motor swap
86 honda 200sx oil change
86 honda 200sx transmission
honda 200 sx

honda 200sx

honda 200sx clutch adjustment
honda 200sx transmission
how fast does a honda 200sx go
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.