Honda ATV Forum banner

Will it matter?

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  jimbo91 
#1 ·
I am looking at top end rebuild kits for my 2002 250 ex, I found a namura rebuild kit for 105$, heres my problem though, my service manual says the bore is 68.5mm while the bore of the piston in the rebuild kit is 68.4mm with that .1mm make a difference? I would assume it would matter...

#7 ·
read the manual a little closer in the specs page the piston is listed as 68.4mm if you go like .020 over you should be looking at a 68.9mm piston. you can even go .010 over with a 68.65mm piston

#9 ·
Ok I saw that but what I was getting at is that 68.4 IS the stock bore the general specs say 68.5 but when you look at the piston specs it says 68.4. it would be in his best intrest to do a clean bore of .010 (68.65) that way any egging and deep scratches can be removed.

#10 ·
Hey moose thanks a lot man. I did only check the general specs but looking at it cloer it says the OD of the piston is 68.462-68.482. I was thinking about boring it out a bit. Is there some sort of equation you did to find out what piston to use at .010 over? and is .010 over the limit on these 250's?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.