Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Rincon

Honda Rincon Discussions for the Honda Rincon 650 and Honda Rincon 680.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member #17820
View Hebert904's Photo Gallery(0)
honda rincon sputtering

Hello i am new to this form my name is chaz...i have an 2004 honda rincon 650 and it starts up fine and when i get it a little gas everything seem ok but when I'm about half throttle it sputters and when i coke it it dies....ive taken apart carb plenty of time and cleaned it and can't seem to figure out the problem could it be the timing is off cause i just put new rings in thanks any input on this would be really helpful
Hebert904 is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #8365
View Deeperinthabush's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 11 times
Welcome to da forums,and you have some trash,a bent float tang(float usually sits pretty much perfectly level when carb is turned upside down),or you have a clogged jet...Check the petcock for cleanliness also,installing a clear inline fuel filter will keep trash from getting back into the carb,plus you can see the state of your gas,and if it has any through the filter..
FREE REPAIR MANUALS >>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html 1986-1992 trx350 parts for sale>>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-parts-sale/29225-complete-part-out-1986-fourtrax-350-a.html
Deeperinthabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member #17824
View biggerd's Photo Gallery(0)
The sputtering could be the snorkel cover, we just found 1 that was broken and causing unit to sputter at about 3/4 throttle
biggerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #8365
View Deeperinthabush's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 11 times
Welcome to da forums Biggerd...
FREE REPAIR MANUALS >>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html 1986-1992 trx350 parts for sale>>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-parts-sale/29225-complete-part-out-1986-fourtrax-350-a.html
Deeperinthabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member #17820
View Hebert904's Photo Gallery(0)
What do you mean by the snorkel cover....we have cleaned out carb and still does the same thing...I did put a jet kit in it with an hmf pipe...is it possible that I put to large of a jet?
Hebert904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member #17824
View biggerd's Photo Gallery(0)
I'm new here and I'm old, don't have a teenager here to show me what I'm doing. But, the snorkel cover in just under the rear of the fuel tank cover. Remove the seat and you can see it. It is black and covers the snorkel intake. when the cover was removed, We found that the center section was broken, which let it sit down almost covering the snorkel intake, this was causing the uinit to sputter at about 3/4 throttle. we removed it and the unit ran great, in fact after we replaced the entire cover, it ran better with it removed, however, I would not recommend running it this way,as debris could get into the snorkel.

Last edited by biggerd; 04-16-2012 at 05:25 PM.
biggerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member #3506
View alaskan9974's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebert904 View Post
Hello i am new to this form my name is chaz...i have an 2004 honda rincon 650 and it starts up fine and when i get it a little gas everything seem ok but when I'm about half throttle it sputters and when i coke it it dies....ive taken apart carb plenty of time and cleaned it and can't seem to figure out the problem could it be the timing is off cause i just put new rings in thanks any input on this would be really helpful
Mine was set correctly with the mark and the timing hole, had the same problem you are having where it would rev up then start backfiring and sputtering and try to die out. Took the head off and tensioner and visually verified it was at tdc that way, was able to advance it one tooth and runs perfect now. Its only a hour and a half job to get the head off and back on.
alaskan9974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Rincon

Search tags for this page

05 honda rincon 650 only half throttle

2004 honda rincon fuel filter

does 2004 honda rincon 650 have a fuel filter

fuel filter for 2004 honda rincon

honda 650 atv fuel filter

honda 650 rincon forum

honda rincon 650 fuel filter

honda rincon dies when giving throttle

honda rincon fuel filter

honda rincon sputters

i have a 05 honda rubicon i cleaned out the carb and now it sputters at half throttle

rincon sputters when you give it gas
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.