Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Rancher

Honda Rancher Discuss all models of the Honda Rancher 350/400/420

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member #881
View mcamzr's Photo Gallery(0)
Best snow plowing tires?

Hi everyone, I am looking for help from the people that know. I have a 08 rancher 420 ES and its primary use is plowing snow on my 200 foot driveway and riding my kids around. So far I have not had any issues with the stock tires other than self induced. I have a set of summer wheels and tires for it and I was thinking of putting the rancher stockers on an older Honda I have. So my question is, what is the best plowing tires? Thanks for the help.
mcamzr is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member #11269
View Dan G's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 5 times
Honestly? I've had the best luck out of stockers running a really low psi. When plowing on blacktop you want a lot of sidewall flex so it will conform to bumps and get traction. Also a large contact patch and soft compound rubber go a long ways to finding grip, all of which the stock tires have... When the going gets icy throw on a few studs or tire chains and your good to go...

That being said, I hate most stock tires on everything except snow, lol.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #8365
View Deeperinthabush's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 11 times
Ummm,what is snow???
FREE REPAIR MANUALS >>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html 1986-1992 trx350 parts for sale>>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-parts-sale/29225-complete-part-out-1986-fourtrax-350-a.html
Deeperinthabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member #14306
View 1991honda350's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 1 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeperinthabush View Post
Ummm,what is snow???
this is snow HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA FROM WIKIPEDIA
Snow is a form of precipitation in the form of crystalline water ice, consisting of snowflakes that fall from clouds. Since snow is composed of small ice particles, it is a granular material. It has an open and therefore soft structure, unless packed by external pressure. Snowflakes come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Types which fall in the form of a ball due to melting and refreezing, rather than a flake, are known as graupel, ice pellets or snow grains. Snowfall amount and its related liquid equivalent precipitation amount are determined using a variety of different rain gauges.

The process of precipitating snow is called snowfall. Snowfall tends to form within regions of upward motion of air around a type of low-pressure system known as an extratropical cyclone. Snow can fall poleward of these systems' associated warm fronts and within their comma head precipitation patterns (called such due to the comma-like shape of the cloud and precipitation pattern around the poleward and west sides of extratropical cyclones). Where relatively warm water bodies are present, for example due to water evaporation from lakes, lake-effect snowfall becomes a concern downwind of the warm lakes within the cold cyclonic flow around the backside of extratropical cyclones. Lake-effect snowfall can be locally heavy. Thundersnow is possible within a cyclone's comma head and within lake effect precipitation bands. In mountainous areas, heavy snow is possible where upslope flow is maximized within windward sides of the terrain at elevation, if the atmosphere is cold enough.

and this also is snow

1991 Honda 350 (the beast)snorkeled, vampire tires on the back diff clutch mod, led headlights
1988 fourtrax 300-stock so far ( wifes ride)
1990 ford ranger -fishing truck
1977 ford f250- firewood truck, quad hauler
Yamaha moto4 225
check out my youtube page here... http://www.youtube.com/user/brett196...d?feature=mhee
1991honda350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member #16610
View ChrisS819's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 2 times
Best snow plowing tires?

I have Kenda Bearclaws on my Fourtrax 300 fw and they work great in snow and mud.
ChrisS819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #16201
View kentco's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 319 times
I've had excellent luck with Bighorns in the snow.

USFS Motorized Trail Maintenance Volunteer
Underwater Videographer
*2011 Rancher 420AT
*2012 Rincon 680

HONDA SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOADS: http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html
**When you go to the above link, scroll down and select the Honda ATV model that you are interested in. Then, the password to download the service manual is: hondaatvforums
kentco is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Rancher

Search tags for this page

best atv for snow plowing

best atv snow plowing tires
best atv snow tires

best atv tire for plowing snow

best atv tire for snow

best atv tire for snow plowing

best atv tires for plowing

best atv tires for plowing snow

best atv tires for snow

best atv tires for snow plowing

best honda atv for plowing snow
best snow plow for honda atv
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.