Honda ATV Forum banner

2014 Rancher FM1 build

19K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  rancher14 
#1 ·
First 4x4 build Started out with the base Fm1 wanted a foot shift and no power steering like it simple. Purchased front bull bar and back cargo carrier that day.
Ordered 35% primary gear reduction yesterday and 28x9.5 outlaw 2s on 14 HD3s having the gear reduction put in on the 11th by my dealer and having the first service done still have to ride 70 more miles by then praying for nice weather lol. Msged Moose about rear bumper its in fab shop atm. Msged Extreme snorkel on the eta of there kit. Also waiting to hear back from Eaton on the Detroit gear-less locker they say there current one will not fit the 14s.

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
actually in person it looks about right but the spacers are going to cause the same amount of premature wear as the huge tires to I dnt think the extra 1in in the front it going to affect it

#39 ·
You had her buried deep! Nice fourwheeler! I've got the same wheels. Looks good!

#37 ·
bogged 2 times today but it was wile pushing rack high mud up hill trying to get out of some serious stuff otherwise did fine should be good 98% of the time and it still was pulling just bogged in 1st those 2 times and I was in a back woods swap that has water year round nothing drives threw it and i tried lol

#38 ·
Where did you order the Gear Reduction if you don't mind. I can't find one anywhere.

#42 ·
Where Did you get that bumper? badass bike btw

#43 ·
Honda of forrest city arkansas I think they make them and would prolly ship you one if you payed over the phone, Iv ran large trees over, pushed out some junkie belt driven 700s and 800s with it and it has a built in winch mount

#50 ·
Learned a few things this winter were my winch attached to the frame (via the front bush guard that attaches to the top rack then top rack to frame) the tabs are about as this as roof tin I snapped them off the frame on a hard pull. Also have broke 2 more axles and tweaked the frame at my best guess when my wife rides with me the right side rubes the tire but the left has 5in of clearance.

#51 ·
First 4x4 build Started out with the base Fm1 wanted a foot shift and no power steering like it simple.
having the gear reduction put in on the 11th by my dealer and having the first service done still have to ride 70 more miles by then praying for nice weather lol...
Not really on topic here, but I'm confused. I thought without power steering there was no display to record mileage and such?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.