Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Classifieds > ATVs For Sale

ATVs For Sale Looking to buy or sell your ATV, this is the place for you!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member #20525
View bolin03's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 2 times
Smile Honda TRX400EX For Sale in Southern Illinois

So I'm selling my 400EX. It is a 2000 model and runs like a top. Does not burn oil or make any funny noises on the top end. Has been extremely well maintained and is super clean. Has new factory plastics, seat, wheels & tires and a ton of other stuff. Needs nothing but a rider. Original plastics go with it and are still usable with no cracks but do have scratches. Engine has never been apart and is totally stock except exhaust, jets and Uni filter. Never been raced or crashed. Definately must see in person and ride to appreciate. Never titled, have bill of sale. Hate to sell it but it's eating up too much space in the garage since I bought another Rancher. Asking $2500 obo. Price negotiable. Cash only. PM for serious inquiries or if you'd like to call about it.

Just wanted to add a few of the things I've done to this beast. It does have a spankin' new set of TRX450 front shocks. It has a new D.I.D. X-ring chain and new sprockets (13/38). Plus I have another slightly used 14t front sprocket and another new in the box D.I.D. chain. It has a ModQuad machined locking axle nut. New Renthal bars. New machined rear axle bearing carrier with new double row bearings, FMF Q4 pipe. Still have factory pipe. New factory Keihin carb, jetted for the pipe and UNI filter. EZpull clutch lever. New clutch cable and another one new in the package. Cooling shrouds. The tires are ITP HoleShot GNCC's maybe 4 tanks on them, no plugs or patches. Wheels are STI sport alloy. New steering stem bearing and seals. New swing arm bearings and seals. New brake pads. Front wheel bearings checked, cleaned & re-greased. New spark plug. New inline fuel filter. Machined aluminum fuel cap & have the original. New rear brake disc and disc hub. Engine side covers polished. AC front bumper and AC nerf bars. Full under chassis skid plate. Honda Racing swing arm skid plate (new). Mean Mug headlight mod. New extra stock air filter. Shop manual. Spare new spark plug. Aftermarket red anodized crank shaft and timing cover plugs. Red anodized rear brake pedal clevis. PowerMadd hand guards. Billet aluminum dip stick.

Thats all thats coming to mind at the moment. I have basically done a full ground up restoration/build included the frame being totally stripped and refinished. I did this to make it as close to perfect as I could, not because it was thrashed or beat up/abused, I just like my stuff to be nice and I like to keep my stuff nice. It never goes back in the garage without being cleaned to the point of what you see in the pics. Also, I change the oil and filter after about every three or four rides using Honda Filter and Honda oil. I suppose I'm OCD about maintanence. Definately no dissapoinments or lemons with this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda TRX400EX For Sale in Southern Illinois-400ex_008.jpg   Honda TRX400EX For Sale in Southern Illinois-400ex_001.jpg   Honda TRX400EX For Sale in Southern Illinois-400ex_002.jpg   Honda TRX400EX For Sale in Southern Illinois-400ex_004.jpg   Honda TRX400EX For Sale in Southern Illinois-400ex_006.jpg  

'07 Honda Rancher 420 ES

Wifes Ride:
'06 Honda Rancher ES

Last edited by bolin03; 08-05-2013 at 07:27 PM.
bolin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member #11638
View Alfresco's Photo Gallery(0)
Might want to mention those upgraded front shocks in your description.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member #20525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
Might want to mention those upgraded front shocks in your description.
Ya, those are new take offs from a TRX450R. Only rode it once since they went on. Boy what a difference it made.
'07 Honda Rancher 420 ES

Wifes Ride:
'06 Honda Rancher ES
Old 08-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member #20525
Sold!!!

SOLD!!! Went to a good home and a happy buyer but gonna miss it.
'07 Honda Rancher 420 ES

Wifes Ride:
'06 Honda Rancher ES
Old 08-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member #28318
View SUPERJJMJ's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 8 times
What you getting next?!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member #20525
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERJJMJ View Post
What you getting next?!
Couple months back I bought a Rancher 420TE to replace it with. The 400EX was just too high strung and too fast for trying to ride with the wife and kids. The 400EX wasn't really the kind of quad to putt around in first gear all day. My wife has a Rancher and it seemed to be an excellent choice for the kind of riding that we do so naturally I wanted one too so I got one and the 400EX had to go. I wanted to keep it but it was eating up some needed room in the garage and I wasn't about to leave it outside in the elements. The Rancher definately doesn't have the speed the EX did but I have alot more fun riding it withmy family. That and it was only a matter of time before I got hurt on it because I was getting to brave on it.
'07 Honda Rancher 420 ES

Wifes Ride:
'06 Honda Rancher ES

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Classifieds > ATVs For Sale

Search tags for this page
2000 400ex ground up restoration

2000 honda trx400ex for sale

400ex for sale in il.

400ex for sale in illinois

cheap 400ex southern illinois

honda 400 ex for sale in illinois

honda trx 400ex

honda trx400ex

honda trx400ex for sale

southern illinois 400ex plastic for sale

trx400ex for sale

trx400ex nerf bars

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.