Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV Racing Discussion

ATV Racing Discussion From backyard to Professional ATV Racing!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member #8868
View Super Z's Photo Gallery(0)
Cool Want to get sponsored? Here are some tips!

I'm not a pro racer. I race C 16-24 on a 250EX, but am fairly competetive to other guys. I've never won a race: my average finishes this year (which is my first year of racing) is 8th so far. However, I'm sponsored by some pretty big companies. Why? Because I put myself out there! I joined Hookit.com | Action Sports Community for Motocross, Skate, BMX, Surf, Snow, Bike and More. This is where you want to go to get sponsored. You basicly go on there and make a profile: you can post events, results, pics videos, do self interviews, answer questions, tons of stuff! Then you can apply for sponsorship to companies from GoPro to Team AE (R/C cars)! Not every ATV company is on there, but that's where you can also make a resume. Tell some things about yourself such as results, future plans for racing, jobs (past, recent, and future), etc. Whether on hookit or when making a resume use good grammar and typing. DOnt b tipi LiKE 'dis or day ain't gona akcept ya! Everybody makes a typo once in a while, but that's pathetic...

In my opinion, when you're sponsored by a company you're a representative of that company. By supporting them they support you with discounts on products, or even free stuff. This another reason to use good grammar. Most companies will feel that if you're not willing to take the time to type right you're not going to do a very good job of representing them. And what companies do you think will give somebody discounts (or free stuff) to somebody who gives them hardly any to no support? When you find one let me know...

Don't be afraid to apply to big companies. I applied to FLUID, a company that makes recovery drinks (and recently made $1 million in one day at an expo). They accepted me because they felt I would give them lots support. I told them how I workout on a regular basis and would like to try these drinks. I'm glad I did. My other sponsor from hookit.com is SteelMX Optics. They make goggles, sunglasses, grips, etc. They actually found me. One thing I put in my self interview was a short story of my eye issues. At the end I put "So wear your goggles!" I guess SteelMX saw this and thought, "Hey, this guy is gonna wear goggles whenever he rides, let's give him discounts on stuff!" See what I mean. Put yourself out there!

I've applied to other companies but with no response. I recently applied to one, and knew that most likely they would say no. But, I figured what do I have to lose other than the time it took me to ask them? Nothing! If they say no, it doesn't mean anything terrible. And it doesn't mean that they won't accept you in the future! I will give you a tip, though. Sometimes when companies don't accept you they'll give you a spill saying something like this. "Thanks for your interest in us. However, we're not looking to sponsor anybody else right now... come back in a few years and we'll see then." What they're really saying is "Thanks, but you're not good enough. When you get to racing better then maybe we'll accept you." Again don't take it personal, I'm just telling this because I've experienced it myself. Look at it as a goal to make yourself a better racer so that maybe one day they'll come to you asking for your sponsorship.

Another thing to consider is making videos. I was recently found by indigoracer.com on youtube. I'm now sponsored by this online store. I'll be putting my sponsors' logos in my videos from now, instead of just their website names. To support my sponsors I put stickers on my quad and gear, put their names in every video I make, and mention their names whenever I can. Places like here and other online forums are great! You see my sponsors in my signature, and I announce every time I get a new one. Some companies will upgrade your discounts if they think you're giving them enough support. Some will make you go back and pay full price for everything you bought in the past if they think you're not giving them enough support.

Again, don't be afraid to put yourself out there! I hope this helps some of you get sponsored, because it's an honor to be sponsored by big, and even small, companies. Some people have told me "It's just another way to sell stuff. They're just using you". That's not true. Sure, they're sponsoring you because they feel they will get more customers. But, again it's an honor to represent companies by doing what we love to do! If you have any questions ask me. I'll try to answer them the best I can. Good luck! Now go get sponsored!

Mods: Sticky?

Super Z is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member #8868
Oh, and also. I hope this isn't taken as me bragging in any way. I'm just trying to help people from my personal experiences... Thanks!

Old 08-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member #8868
Here's something else. Sometimes a company will give you a better, limited time deal right after you sign their contract. Let's say the company give %50 off their stuff as a regular deal. Well, then they might say "For the next 3 days if you buy this you get it for %50 off but also get this other thing for free." Get what I'm saying? So, after signing their contract you may want to wait a couple of days before placing your first order just to see what happens.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member #13148
View chris400ex's Photo Gallery(0)
Thanks for the info man.. I wish monster would sponsor me hahaha. i drink their energy drinks way too much
K&N Filter
Outerwears Pre-Filter
Tusk Pro Peg Nerf Bars
Powermadd Hand guards
Front Skid Plate
Rear Skid Plate
Works Triple Rate Front Shocks
ROOKIE RIDER!
www.teamtragicracing.weebly.com

Thanks to the upcoming 2012 sponsors
Oneal
Fox Shox
One Industries
Yoshimura
Slick Off Road Wash
Renthal
Kal Guard
Hinson
Houser
Steel MX Optics
chris400ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member #8868
Hookit just recently update their site with some new stuff... One thing you can now do is make a resume for companies on hookit, but they will have a printable version of the resume very soon! You could mail this in to Monster or whoever you want. Monster Army is on hookit, but to me it looks more like a club type of thing. If you apply and they don't accept you lost nothing but time, man!

Old 09-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member #13148
true.. ive applied to three companies thus far.. was before i read your post.. Ive only heard back from one and it was G&R Motorsports in Walton KY.. They said theyre interested which is cool.. Im supposed to go to their shop this weekend or next to meet and greet kind of deal.. So hopefully all goes well.. Just kind of hard considering ive only got about three races under my belt lol. Just started riding i thnk Dec last year.. So getting the quad up to par for the scrambles has been the task.. i know if i take it out there bone stock im going to break all kinds of crap including myself probably lol.
K&N Filter
Outerwears Pre-Filter
Tusk Pro Peg Nerf Bars
Powermadd Hand guards
Front Skid Plate
Rear Skid Plate
ROOKIE RIDER!

Oneal
Fox Shox
One Industries
Yoshimura
Slick Off Road Wash
Renthal
Kal Guard
Hinson
Houser
Steel MX Optics
Old 10-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member #8868
As long as you don't try to ride over your head you most likely won't land on it...

Old 10-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #618
View Redracer's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 1 times
I just picked up Fox Racing Shox for 2012.
LoneStar Racing
Leatt
Fox Shox
HondaATVForums.NET
Redracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member #13148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer View Post
I just picked up Fox Racing Shox for 2012.
congrats man! Thats a huge pickup!
K&N Filter
Outerwears Pre-Filter
Tusk Pro Peg Nerf Bars
Powermadd Hand guards
Front Skid Plate
Rear Skid Plate
ROOKIE RIDER!

Oneal
Fox Shox
One Industries
Yoshimura
Slick Off Road Wash
Renthal
Kal Guard
Hinson
Houser
Steel MX Optics
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member #15974
View XChondaracer's Photo Gallery(0)
I'm in the same situation just started racing this year moving up to 450 c in the Virginia Cross Country Series. I've picked up some pretty good sponsors on Hookit. Leatt, Matrix concepts, Slick offroad wash, Spazztic race company, factory backing, and go pro
Matrix concepts
Slick Off-road wash
GoPro
Factory Backing
Leatt
XChondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV Racing Discussion

Search tags for this page

atv racing sponsorship

atv sponsors
get atv racing sponsorship
get sponsored by honda

honda atv sponsorship

how to get racing guad sponsors

how to get sponsored by fox racing

how to get sponsored by honda

how to get sponsored by honda racing
how to get sponsored by one industries

how to get sponsored for atv racing

how to get sponsored in atv racing

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.