Another Honda wants to come home with me - Page 7 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 11 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobie View Post
Quote:

yep, crazy, not stupid !..lol. I went from my home here, to Jacksonville,fl to trade my v65 magna for my '85 vf700c magna, worth every mile !..lol. another long trip was from here to Iowa and back same day/night for my 1983 cx650c, if I see a good deal ?, price is right ?, I'M GONE !..LOL.
With young kids and a crazy work schedule, its next to impossible for me to pull off a trip like that. Longest trips I've taken were 450-500 miles one way to the beach for a week vacation every other year and 777 miles one way to Georgia for work related endeavors
translation ^^^^...wife !!!..lmfaooooooooooooo. yep, your still wet behind the ears...lol.
When ya have a wife like I do who works full time and keeps up with the house and kids all of the time and NEVER asks for or bitches about anything, you probably shouldn't just run off on several hundred miles adventure for an ATV that is a want instead of a need without her agreeing to it lol
Educ8tedguess likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1792 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

With young kids and a crazy work schedule, its next to impossible for me to pull off a trip like that. Longest trips I've taken were 450-500 miles one way to the beach for a week vacation every other year and 777 miles one way to Georgia for work related endeavors
translation ^^^^...wife !!!..lmfaooooooooooooo. yep, your still wet behind the ears...lol.
When ya have a wife like I do who works full time and keeps up with the house and kids all of the time and NEVER asks for or bitches about anything, you probably shouldn't just run off on several hundred miles adventure for an ATV that is a want instead of a need without her agreeing to it lol
lol, touché !.
Doobie likes this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '05 trx500fm
post #63 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:46 AM

Liked: 7 times
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
You guys are killing me! Lol I thought all of the Rubicons had hondamatics with the electric shift. So the new Rubicons with manual shift isn't something new? I'm ignorant when it comes to what has what and when lol
I don't wanna buy a money pit though
pretty sure all the rubi's have the auto tranny ?. not sure if they solved them breaking down on the newer models though ?, I would not trust it..ever !..lol. as for the electric shift ?..until I see less and less members joining us without saying they are having electric shift issues ?, every electric shift is junk in my book !. may as well named them '' electric sh_t in my book ?!..lmfao.
My Rubicon is a manual shift, with power steering, they are out there, just hard to find!
Doobie likes this.

17 Honda Rubicon EPS Active Yellow
01 Honda Rancher 4x4 FM Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:27 AM
Supporting Member

Liked: 475 times
Quote:

Unicorn. Such a being doesn't exist.
shadetree likes this.
post #65 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerswild View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You guys are killing me! Lol I thought all of the Rubicons had hondamatics with the electric shift. So the new Rubicons with manual shift isn't something new? I'm ignorant when it comes to what has what and when lol
I don't wanna buy a money pit though
pretty sure all the rubi's have the auto tranny ?. not sure if they solved them breaking down on the newer models though ?, I would not trust it..ever !..lol. as for the electric shift ?..until I see less and less members joining us without saying they are having electric shift issues ?, every electric shift is junk in my book !. may as well named them '' electric sh_t in my book ?!..lmfao.
My Rubicon is a manual shift, with power steering, they are out there, just hard to find!
don't confuse the rubi/foremans as the same as the plain rubi's. two different atvs :-).

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '05 trx500fm
post #66 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:08 AM

Liked: 1003 times
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

don't confuse the rubi/foremans as the same as the plain rubi's. two different atvs :-).
My Rubicon is also a footshift, IRS, with Powersteering....like I said 15+ totally different machine than 01-14.
Doobie likes this.

I have a Rubicon. It is White. It has big tires. I like my Can-am better.....when it works.
post #67 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac102004 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

My Rubicon is also a footshift, IRS, with Powersteering....like I said 15+ totally different machine than 01-14.
Whats the big difference? I am new to the Rubicons and missed a few generations since my last one was a 01 Rancher.

post #68 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:22 AM
Supporting Member

Liked: 475 times
01-04 Rubicons used the Hondamatic, but a crappy version of it. The 05-14's were updated.
05-14 Rubicons used the Hondamatic. Basically a big hydrostat.
15-up Rubicons use the DCT (Dual Clutch Transmssion) which has gears and a motor that shifts the transmission.
post #69 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:25 AM

Liked: 1003 times
Garage
2015 was a total redesign, they essentially took the 2014 model and threw it in the trash, based the new models off the Foreman, sort of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Rubicon. It is White. It has big tires. I like my Can-am better.....when it works.
post #70 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:52 AM

Garage
good to know, thanks for the info!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode