Honda ATV Forum banner

Picking up lumber from the store - 2016 Honda Rancher 4x4 DCT EPS

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  creed82 
#1 ·
Had to go pick up a little lumber from the local lumber store yesterday to build handrails for our back stairs. The Rancher was the right tool for the job.

Reactions: Smokey196240
#3 ·

You got that right. I already am, but I'm going to see if I can get new tires for cheaper...I have a few ideas. The rears still have lots of life left, but the fronts are already to the point of needing replacement. It'll probably still be another month or so, so they be MORE bald when it does happen. Crossing my fingers they don't give out on a 30-mile loop in the middle of nowhere. :)

#6 ·
I've considered that. Duro makes a good on/off road tire that is says is designed for asphalt usage.

#5 ·
My rancher stockers were shot after around 2500 miles. Barely any wear after 5k miles on the big horns when I sold it.

#10 ·
Yes, the original Bighorns have deeper tread. They are also heavier, which stands to reason. My personal preference is a softer, lighter tire. I recognize we all want different things out of our tires, I think the 2.0 BH will best meet my needs/wants.

#11 ·
have you looked at the STI Black Diamond DOT tires?
don't see any for 11 inch wheels, SO that might be an issue, but they have 25 inch tires that should last pretty long doing what you do, beiung DOT tires

anything with SOFT rubber, sadly is going to be poor life on pavement, it heats up too fast and thus wears REALLY fast, a harder rubber will be more durable off road and longer lasting due to it!

softer rubber gets you more grip however? but I wouldn't fear a harder rubber tire in your riding, I think it would ONLY help things,for you!

STI Black Diamond ATV UTV SxS Tires - DOT Approved

if you were willing to jump up to a 26 inch tire,. I think I would be looking at these, there basically the same tread as what you find on say a BFG Mud Terrain tire, and heavy trucks get decent millage out of them and they hold up to a lot off road?
NOT sure what they weight over a 25, but might be worth looking into??

https://www.amazon.com/Full-Chicane...e/&slotNum=0&imprToken=7SDkJQPnKP3YO2bZ5j7ucQ

#13 ·
Thanks for turning me on to these tires. They look great. I think I'd like a set of the Black Diamond ATR tire they show on their website, and they do offer it in my stock size. I emailed them some questions about the tires. You're always a good resource MRBB.

#14 ·
your welcome, some times I have too much time on my hands to read things and such
end up with a lot of useless info at times, but some times I do help I guess, or I do try to? HAHA!

lots of folks like these black diamonds, they seem like decent tires and being DOT, and a radial, < they should last longer on pavement I would think than BH's
and NOT bashing BH's, there a liked tire by a lot of guys, but just don't think there the best for pavement running??

#15 ·
First, I'm going to see if I can get some for free. I that works out, I don't much care what they are. But if I have to pay for them, I'll be much more particular.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.