What do I have??? - Page 5 - Honda ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

 18Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
mac102004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,824
Liked: 1048 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
sorry have to ask, but HOW do you own something like this for 3 yrs and NOT know what you have??
I aquire a lot of things, but I never seem to buy things NOT knowing what I am buying?? and if I ever do, first thing I do is find out what I bought to find out if I got a deal or not

and last, JUST cause you owned if for 3 yrs does NOT mean it ain;t stolen??
which brings me back to if the deal was THAT good I wouldn';t care what I bought, THAT"S a red flag, NO??


NOT bashing you here just saying??
READ THE POSTS THE GUY MAKES! Start at page one, read every single post the OP has made in this thread. Twice if you have to.

I have a Rubicon. It is White. It has big tires. I like my Can-am better.....when it works.
mac102004 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
mrbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE Pa
Posts: 6,253
Liked: 924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac102004 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
sorry have to ask, but HOW do you own something like this for 3 yrs and NOT know what you have??
I aquire a lot of things, but I never seem to buy things NOT knowing what I am buying?? and if I ever do, first thing I do is find out what I bought to find out if I got a deal or not

and last, JUST cause you owned if for 3 yrs does NOT mean it ain;t stolen??
which brings me back to if the deal was THAT good I wouldn';t care what I bought, THAT"S a red flag, NO??


NOT bashing you here just saying??
READ THE POSTS THE GUY MAKES! Start at page one, read every single post the OP has made in this thread. Twice if you have to.
I did read his posts, and he started off saying he recently inherited an ATV
and then he says he had it for 3 yrs
thus why I posted what I did
math doesn't add up in my book?
if he inherited it off family, maybe they KNEW what it was NO?

MOST folks don't spend a few grand on something and DON"T make the effort to find out what they have

IF he JUST got it, and never seen it before OK, I get DON"T know what it is and asking fore help here, and we all did try to help NO??

I brought up what I did when story didn't add up to me? NO other reason
NOT a know it all or the likes here?
mrbb is online now  
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
rustynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 11
Here's the story. My hunting partner bought this from his brother who, it looks like, ran this thing rather hard. I have no experience with ATV's other than driving this around hunting lands and odd chores for my business. We've had some work done on it to bring it back into a better condition and it's very expensive and the repairs are of questionable value by various shops. My partner just acquired another Frankenstein 4-wheeler from a friend of his and it has fallen to me to nurse this one back up; hence the "inheritance" comment. For all I know this bugger may be hotter than a $3 pistol, but, since no license is involved, I'm not concerned, it's just used on my farm/hunting land.

I'm pretty handy around a set of tools. I've rebuilt my 1950 Ford 8N tractor which is 25 days younger than me - Herschel is a handsome boy too :-))

Anyway I needed to find out some information of this ATV so I could work on it and I found this forum and inquired to see what this thing is. Don't know why I can't post photos on this board, but, each forum I belong to does it a different way. Is there a FAQ link on posting photos which I am overlooking?

I've enjoyed the conversation on this thread and I appreciate ya'alls input and help.
rustynuts is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Senior Member
 
jay10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 916
Liked: 128 times
Garage
If you have the image saved to your pc, this is how, looking forward to some pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	63361  
jay10 is offline  
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
rustynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 11
This is a photo of Herschel. Hopefully this attempt works, if not, then I'm too old for this techno crap

Don't know why it's upside down. It isn't on my computer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0326.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	63418  

Last edited by rustynuts; 01-10-2017 at 10:08 PM.
rustynuts is offline  
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
 
shadetree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: north little rock, ar.
Posts: 29,919
Liked: 1878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynuts View Post
This is a photo of Herschel. Hopefully this attempt works, if not, then I'm too old for this techno crap

Don't know why it's upside down. It isn't on my computer
was the pic taken on a smart phone ?, then down loaded to your pc ?. I found this out the hard way about smart phones !..lol. don't feel bad, i'm 52, and I hate new tech crap !..lol. tractor looks great !. and nice atv. it looks like a trx500.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '05 trx500fm
shadetree is offline  
post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:15 AM
Senior Member
 
LBZ_Duramax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,089
Liked: 73 times
You have an 05-08 Trx500FM. Better known as a Honda Foreman 500.

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe White
-Stock

2008 Honda Rancher 420 4x4
Work in progress

1998 Honda Trx300 4x4
317 motor, 54% Gear Reduction, EBC Clutches, Big Red Rear End, 2.75" Stretch, 350D Clutch Cover, Oil Cooler, Foreman 450 Clutch, Disc Brake Kit, 29.5 OG Laws

1985 Honda Big Red 250 ATC
18% Reduction, 28" EDL

1986 Honda Fourtrax 125
-First ATV

1987 Honda Fourtrax 70
-Work in progress for my sons 3rd birthday

Sold
13 - Honda Trx300 4x4
LBZ_Duramax is offline  
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:26 AM
Senior Member
Supporting Member
 
Jeepwm69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Eastern Arkansas
Posts: 3,090
Liked: 512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynuts View Post
Here's the story. My hunting partner bought this from his brother who, it looks like, ran this thing rather hard. I have no experience with ATV's other than driving this around hunting lands and odd chores for my business. We've had some work done on it to bring it back into a better condition and it's very expensive and the repairs are of questionable value by various shops. My partner just acquired another Frankenstein 4-wheeler from a friend of his and it has fallen to me to nurse this one back up; hence the "inheritance" comment. For all I know this bugger may be hotter than a $3 pistol, but, since no license is involved, I'm not concerned, it's just used on my farm/hunting land.

I'm pretty handy around a set of tools. I've rebuilt my 1950 Ford 8N tractor which is 25 days younger than me - Herschel is a handsome boy too :-))

Anyway I needed to find out some information of this ATV so I could work on it and I found this forum and inquired to see what this thing is. Don't know why I can't post photos on this board, but, each forum I belong to does it a different way. Is there a FAQ link on posting photos which I am overlooking?

I've enjoyed the conversation on this thread and I appreciate ya'alls input and help.
You've come to the right place.

What all does your machine need?
Jeepwm69 is offline  
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Senior Member
 
mrbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE Pa
Posts: 6,253
Liked: 924 times
Nice 8n,
8n's are great tractors, super simple and were built to last forever with simple care
have had a few over the yrs
mrbb is online now  
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
rustynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 11
I -need to reattach/replace the choke cable which seems to be quite loose. The rear tires are flat; just ordered 2 from Amazon - $98 per w/ free shipping. Best quote on the internet. Seat is buggered up - covering is pulling up and the two "thumbs" under the front which secure it are bent into worthless; so, I will be looking for a new seat. Any suggestions?
Also, can anyone recommend a source for a shop manual for this year/model? If I am to turn some wrenches I need some guidance.
rustynuts is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome