Honda ATV Forum banner

What have you done to your atv today/lately

169K views 2K replies 133 participants last post by  bighanded 
#1 ·
Hello all.
The perpose of this thread is for everyone to post anything that have done to their quad today or in that last few.
This is not ment to take place of build threads and such. Its just to post things like, I changed the fluids today, I got some new tires, I mounted some new lights, or I pulled out a stuck bik and things like that.

I did a search and came up empty so maybe you guys will like this thread.

If the mods do not see this as OK or I posted in the wrong spot please act as you must. If this thread is well received maybe someone could make it a sticky.

Thank you all

Reactions: _Wilson_
#3 ·
I checked over the damage from the wreck. Looks like just a steering stem. Then i got discoraged i will not be able to ride for 4-6 weeks......put her on the battery tender and tucked her in lol

#4 ·
These threads have been posted a few times, they never really take off haha.

#6 ·
Just think positive.

Reactions: misterclean59
#5 ·
I installed my twist throttle, changed the oil/filter, and also put on air scoops.

#7 · (Edited)
I changed the oil and filter twice this year, I used a Napa filter and rotella 15w40 oil and a new spark plug. I put a new carb on it, and built a custom snorkel. Then I mounted a 10 inch led light bar from Napa to the handle bars. The rear brakes where shot so I pulled the cover and found worn out pads and a busted drum so all that was replaced. The diffs and transfer case oils changed. A 2500lb winch with custom mounting plate. I also made some CV axle guards.

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
I rejetted my TRX250X for the winter and then realized an o-ring fell out when I put the carb back in, loaded down my 15' Rancher with 200 lbs of corn (something a SRA does very well I might add), bought some heated grips for my Rancher as a Christmas gift for $10, and I went to the local stealership just to look around and after seeing the 2016 TRX250X I cried a little bit on the inside when I went back home to see my 2014 TRX250X.

Attachments

#13 ·
loaded down my 15' Rancher with 200 lbs of corn (something a SRA does very well I might add).
I've had 13 50lb bags of onions loaded onto the quad once before, and boy oh boy was she loaded.

Attachments

#10 ·
That bike held the weight well.
I had 150lbs on the front rack of my 4trax once and there is a spot I ride that I GI through a small ditch and I can do a wheelie coming out. That 300 toted the front tires with 150 on the front rack, and came back down when I let it.

#12 ·
This weekend I built some floor boards and some hand guards and mounted another light.
I built my floor boards from 1in square tubing, and some flat expanded metal. They are 16 inch long and 11 wide. I did remove the factory foot pegs to get them on. I did have to get creative around the brake pedal and I had to bend the lever also. I welded the floor boards straight to the side of frame. I had to turn the welder down twice because I kept blowing holes in the frame and having to weld them up. I thought the frame rails where thicker than what they are.
The hand guards I built out of 11 ga 6inch wide and 10 inch long. I used a log splitter and some custom attachments for bending plate I had laying around. Then just a welded them to the pieces of 1 1/2 angle I have between my handlebars. The handlebars have tabs the angle bolts to and the angle holds my light bar. I did have to use some 1/2 in rod to go from the angle to the hand guards.
The new led light I mounted is a led flood light with 5 led bulbs. I mounted it to a tab on the rear rack above the muffler. I wired it the same switch my front light bars is on.

Attachments

#14 ·
I also painted my 4x4 cover. I cleaned it up and was about to clean up the 4x4 part then I painted with rubberized undercoating

Attachments

#16 ·
Drained and refilled the rear diff, installed a new axle seal, bolted on my new to me tires and wheels, filled it up with gas and bout to load it on the trailer for a ride tomorrow.

#20 · (Edited)
Pulled all the front plastic off and proceeded to straighten the front bumper and racks from a previous owner wreck of some type. Managed to get everything more or less straight and then even get all the bolts & mounts to line-up well enough to reassemble the framework. Ground/Sanded off the rust and painted with Rust-Oleum Automotive. At least it's better than it was and shouldn't rub the plastic nor continue to rust.

Next step, back on with the plastics.

Attachments

#21 ·
On Friday I got my Rancher so stuck my buddy's 2001 500 Rubicon with semi-mud tires in low range couldn't pull me out. We had to put a ratchet strap on it to get it out! I think I need a winch lol.

Attachments

#29 · (Edited)
That isn't stuck the front wheels are not even dug in yet.. I wont even pull anyone out unless they actually are stuck, I am not in a habit of getting my strap or winch rope dirty unless you would of got on the front of that rack stand or sit backwards on it and drove it out. That's why them front wheels have a diff in the middle of them..:icon_ devil: Them front racks are not for putting stupid (#(t on them, like speakers and monster stickers they are for standing on and sitting on and operating the flipper during extreme off road situations.. There don't say you didn't get the memo...

#23 ·
I also mounted this on to the back rack. It has five LEDs in it. I tied it into the switch the front bar uses.

Attachments

#25 ·
Drained the milkshake from the engine, and letting it drain overnight. Tomorrow flushing with the Royal Purple that came out my Ford Ranger on last oil change. Also need a few filters....

#26 ·
This monday it was like Christmas early.:partsin01: I got in my starter and my lift kit for the fourtrax
I got the lift put on but not the starter. Lol
The lift was easy to install once I did the first shock bracket. I rode the bike kind hard after install and I didn't see any issues. The lift is supposed to be 2 inches. I got about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4. I don't have the blocks perfectly straight so I think that is why.
The pic of the bike on dry land is without the lift the one in the water is with.

Attachments

#27 ·
I also put a new cable on the winch. The old one was toast so I found some new 1/4 in cable instead of the 3/16 that was on it.

#28 ·
Checked the oil on the grizzly, got her ready to head up by larrrrrrrrrry

Fixed my brothers handlebar warmers so he doesnt yell hes cold lol.

#33 ·
Oh that wasn't when I was stuck lol. I didn't think to take a picture of when I was really stuck but that was before hand when I first got stuck .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.