Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member #16811
View Jjamie30's Photo Gallery(0)
new side by side

hey guys i have heard about honda coming out with a smaller side by side has anyone heard anything about this. thanks guys
Jjamie30 is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #16201
View kentco's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 306 times
JJamie: A good friend of mine owns the top Honda dealership in Colorado and he has not heard: 1. Of a smaller Honda SideBySide, or 2: Of a new version of the Rincon.

Here in Colorado, the US Forest Service has started to prohibit ALL sidebysides on it's ATV trails. (This includes trails that I do volunteer work on). The reason is simple.... Since SideBySides carry more weight (more than 1 person), they subject the trails to more wear and tear. As you can imagine, this has opened up a lot of controversy, and concern. In most/many areas, there is a 50 inch rule on the ATV trails. However, as we know, a Polaris Razr is under 50" and therefore can ride on trails with a 50" limit. But now, in some areas, the Forest Service, BLM, and other agencies are dropping the 50" rule/limit, and simply saying 'No SideBySides" (no matter how wide they are). SideBySides are nice because two people can share the experience without enduring the cost of 2 ATV's. Likewise, my argument (in favor of 50inch SideBySides) is that one SideBySide that is 50" or less does much less wear and tear to a trail than two ATV's do. So, I am actively supporting and representing SideBySides that meet the 50" width requirement. However, I also realize, firsthand, how damaging many of the larger SideBySides can be. On many of our trails, I have winched people out from trees that they have become stuck between (on larger SideBySides). I have seen other people literally pull 50 inch trail gates/entrances open further, so that they could get a SideBySide on the trail. (When such behavior occurs, they literally seal their fate as a SideBySide owner).
SideBySides are becoming more and more popular. But, likewise, accessability to SideBySides is being limited faster than any other OHV (4WD, ATV, UTV, Dirt Bike). Therefore, before you purchase one of any size, I strongly suggest that you make sure that there are plenty of places (in your area) to ride and enjoy it. Otherwise, you could be purchasing something that would essentially be limiting your access to the outdoors'.

USFS Motorized Trail Maintenance Volunteer
Underwater Videographer
*2011 Rancher 420AT
*2012 Rincon 680

HONDA SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOADS: http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html
**When you go to the above link, scroll down and select the Honda ATV model that you are interested in. Then, the password to download the service manual is: hondaatvforums
kentco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member #1519
View yotaguy's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 1 times
Have not heard that. That would cool Love the big red but just to big for most trails I ride. if there is a smaller one in the works then I will hold off and not get a RZR will buy Honda over just about anything! Ride Red.
yotaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #16201
Yota, I agree, IF Honda comes out with a 50 inch or less SideBySide, it would definately be worth waiting for as Honda's are more reliable than their belt-driven competition.

Underwater Videographer
*2011 Rancher 420AT
*2012 Rincon 680

HONDA SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOADS: http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html
**When you go to the above link, scroll down and select the Honda ATV model that you are interested in. Then, the password to download the service manual is: hondaatvforums
Old 10-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member #15673
View stomper's Photo Gallery(0)
That would be cool. I love the reliability of the hondas but if it looks like the big red i'm not sure I would be running out and buying one. I am not very fond of the look. Thats just my opinion. I own a RZR and love it for the power and looks but I do agree that honda has the reliability part won by a huge mile.
stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member #8144
View bobs330's Photo Gallery(0)
They won't.
Superwinch Terra 25
Moose rear bumper
Fuse powersports trailer hitch
bobs330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #16201
Stomper, The Big Red was designed to be more of a 'Utility machine' (UTV). I would imagine that if Honda came out with a 50" SideBySide, it would be a completely new design..

Many of Honda's ATV model designs have been unchanged for quite a few years now. Rumor (and it is ONLY rumor) has it that some significant changes make soon take place in the Honda ATV line. Honda is extremely tight-lipped about such changes though so, as the saying goes, "Seeing is believing!"

Underwater Videographer
*2011 Rancher 420AT
*2012 Rincon 680

Old 10-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member #17852
View dcfox's Photo Gallery(0)
I wouldn't hold your breath for anything "game changing" from Honda.
They market their line primarily to the "utility" crowd...and couldn't care less about those of us on the other end of the spectrum.
If Honda would do as small of a change as offering power steering on the Rincon...I would buy one.The lack of that option is precisely why there is a 420AT in my garage.
Offering a 2 seater "touring" version of the Rincon(with the power steering) would also be a big seller in my opinion.
A smaller(and less fugly) SXS would probably find its way into my fleet also...but I doubt we will see anything of this sort from Honda any time soon(if ever).

----------------------------------------
2009 Honda TRX420FPA (mine)
2006 Honda TRX350TM (wifes)
2006 Honda TRX350TE (daughters)
2001 Honda TRX350TE (sons)
2007 Yamaha Rhino 450 (also mine)
ADD ME ON FACEBOOK
"If It Weren't For Physics And Law Enforcement I'd Be Unstoppable!"

Last edited by dcfox; 10-13-2012 at 11:09 PM.
dcfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member #23685
View a_tack's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentco View Post
Stomper, The Big Red was designed to be more of a 'Utility machine' (UTV). I would imagine that if Honda came out with a 50" SideBySide, it would be a completely new design..

Many of Honda's ATV model designs have been unchanged for quite a few years now. Rumor (and it is ONLY rumor) has it that some significant changes make soon take place in the Honda ATV line. Honda is extremely tight-lipped about such changes though so, as the saying goes, "Seeing is believing!"
Honda calls it a MUV. Multipurpose Utility Vehicle. They won't even refer to it as a UTV or a SxS because it's so big. Built for work. We have a 2010 and trail riding is a pain in it. Great for work though. Love the diff lock. Pulled an s-10 out of a floorboard deep mud hole once with it.

That being said, I want to see a 50-54", 680 powered, sport SxS, with a transmission similar to a rubicon. 5 spd es with the auto option. Oh yeah, and keep the diff lock add a low range. That would put a serious dent in RZR sales.

Last edited by a_tack; 10-13-2012 at 08:31 PM.
a_tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member #10220
View falconblack's Photo Gallery(0)
I guess they feel better to stick with the utility side since they already have a great market there.
falconblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Search tags for this page
50 inch side by side
50 inch side by side atv
50 side by side atv

honda new side by side

honda side by side forum
honda side by side rumors
honda sport side by side

honda's new side by side

new honda atv side by side

new honda side by side

new honda side by side atv
new honda sport side by side
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.