Honda ATV Forum
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Honda ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member #14099
View slincolnn's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 1 times
Suzuki Twin Peaks 700

I have found an 04 twin peaks 700 for sale.I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them.Many just how reliable and how long the belts last.I'm thinking of trading my yfz450 for it.I would like to here opinions.
03 recon
slincolnn is offline   Reply With Quote
HondaATVForums.net is the premier Honda ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, so Register - It's Free!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member #14099
66 views and no opinions.I've read that they are the same as the kawasaki prairie also does anyone have any experience with those.
03 recon
Old 05-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #8365
View Deeperinthabush's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 9 times
My guess is that it is about the same as King Quad with the exception of being a sra instead of irs like the KQ700 is...The belts should easily last a very long time if they're well sealed...A buddy of mine has an 06ish KQ700,and it is still on the oem stock belt even running 28" radial Laws,and him going deep on it all the time...
FREE REPAIR MANUALS >>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html 1986-1992 trx350 parts for sale>>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-parts-sale/29225-complete-part-out-1986-fourtrax-350-a.html
Deeperinthabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #8365
View Deeperinthabush's Photo Gallery(0)
Hit youTube,look up Twin peaks 700,watch a few videos about them doing whatever,and contact their owners via youTube asking them about their particular problems,or lack of...I've heard that the Zukis engine is a Kawi v twin which is a powerful engine although they do have electrical problems on the 700 Kawi machines...
FREE REPAIR MANUALS >>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html 1986-1992 trx350 parts for sale>>http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-parts-sale/29225-complete-part-out-1986-fourtrax-350-a.html
Deeperinthabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member #8254
View stu5969's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 12 times
I had the twin of that machine which was my 2005 Prairie 700, actually Suzuki borrowed the design when they were working together there for awhile. The belts last for a very long time, and the clutching is perfect from the factory. You will need a clutch puller to change a belt if you ever need to as it is on there very tight. The belt light comes on every 100 miles telling you to check your belt, and to also reset the belt light. I sold that quad, and if you need help resetting the light just check on the Kawieforums for the procedure if you decide to buy it. It involves switching two connectors in that area and cycling the key to reset it.
The best mod for that engine is to install a DG5 module from Diamond G.
Products
This will not only make the atv accelerate much quicker and faster from a dead stop, but also make it run cooler also, and the fan will run much less because of it. Don't waste your money on a Dynatek aftermarket CDI unless you planned on doing extensive engine mods as by itself it does little to nothing as I tried that route myself before the module.
The rear suspension and rear brakes on these are very good, the rear shock is a reservoir piggyback shock, and the brake is a wet sealed brake. The front struts are ok, but it really needed dual a-arms to make it steer and handle better in the front, but like I said they still work okay, and still put my 420's front end to shame. Remember this is the machine all the utility racers used for years in GNCC racing.
The two biggest downfalls to this machine are the Kawasaki electronic braking system,,KEBS,,and you can not switch to 4wd after getting stuck in 2wd as the machine has to be rolling the front wheels to switch into 4wd. The electronic braking system was why I finally ended up selling my quad as I had to replace the solenoid not once, but twice. The first one was covered under warranty as I bought it new, and the second one I had to buy and it was close to 300.00, and my machine only had 700 miles on it. Even that one started to act up, and I took that one apart and cleaned and adjusted it myself with a thread I found on Kawie forums and took parts from my other two to make it work again. When they act up the 2wd/4wd lights start flashing giving you a code and at that time you cannot use 4wd or have engine braking until it is fixed. They do offer a module from Diamond G to bypass that if you wanted to and then put a KFX700 side cover on the machine to look right to do away with the electronic braking. With the belt being as tight as it is, and the brakes as good as they are you could get away with it in tight woods by just running in Low range to keep the clutch engaged. It still goes plenty fast just in low range so its no big deal if your in tight trails anyhow.
The choke cables are known to give issues also, and the thumb throttle is stiff having two carbs but you get used to that. All in all, if it is in good shape and the price is right I wouldn't hesitate to get it, or another one for myself. I still kick myself for selling that quad and getting my 420,,,yes it's that much more of a machine,,sorry i just say it like it is. I just got ticked off at the electrical issues finally and stuck it in the front lawn for sale, and sold it in a day. I miss that big v-twin torque and acceleration as it was untouchable by anything else out there back in it's time. It still will pull with a new Canam in a drag race despite the big hp numbers Canam claims. The engine has allot of torque, and never runs out of steam,,you will be smiling from ear to ear if you decide to get it,,,,if you do,,get that Dg5 module, and some stock size 25" radial tires(the stock rubber will kill you on wet grass as this quad breaks the tires loose at over 30mph) and you will have allot of fun eating up most sport quads in drag races, and still having a 4wd for the tough stuff.
05 Suzuki DR650, Mikuni TM40 flatslide pumper carb,JE 10.5:1 piston,stage 2#190 Webcam,open airbox, Twin Air,full FMF system,Pingel fuel valve,Ricor Racing rear shock, Ricor Racing fork Intiminators, Progressive springs, Sargeant seat,DRZ250 tailight,custom plate,LED's,GPS,sumo fender,PT bars,Cycra brushguards IMS lowered pegs, aluminum skid,bearing chain roller,Pirelli,tank bag(gone)

06 Zuk KQ700, Kenda Bearclaw HTR radials Warn RT25 w/ syn. line, 1.5mm clutch shims
stu5969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member #14099
Hey,thanks you guys I appreciate the info I've been looking at the forums and you tube watching some of the crazy people drag racing with big bore kits and nitrous.I'm never gonna go that far but they run faster then I ever thought they would.I have been trying to get a hold of the guy that has it for sale he has not returned my calls but keeps updating it.I hope I can get it,I have found another one so maybe one will come through.
03 recon
Old 05-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member #9942
View Tino55's Photo Gallery(0)
i just heard of them not long ago there the same as prairie 700 or 650.
2004 400ex white bros exhaust dg bumper race cut plastics ac nerf bars k and n filter houser a arms
Tino55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member #11269
View Dan G's Photo Gallery(0)
Liked: 5 times
I have experience with the 650 prairie. Awesome machines and motors. Same as the 650 brute for the most part. Pita to work on anything near the engine. Its pretty well STUFFED in that frame, but works well.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Member #948
View Helmut's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slincolnn View Post
66 views and no opinions.I've read that they are the same as the kawasaki prairie also does anyone have any experience with those.
To be honest, I had never heard of the "Twin Peaks" model until you posted this thread.

You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member #14099
Yeah I found out that they didn't sell a whole lot of them because they were basically a kawasaki prairie.I did some searching on the kawi and have not found a whole lot that would keep me from buy one other then the fact that these guys won't call me back.
03 recon

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Search tags for this page
04 suzuki twin peaks 700
2004 suzuki twin peaks 700
2004 suzuki twin peaks 700 for sale
2004 suzuki twin peaks 700 review
2005 suzuki twin peaks 700 for sale

suzuki twin peaks

suzuki twin peaks 700

suzuki twin peaks 700 for sale

suzuki twin peaks 700 review
suzuki twin peaks 700 reviews
suzuki twin peaks for sale
suzuki twin peaks review
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.