Operation Bush Salvage - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
Around The Garage Off-Topic conversations here!

33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:48 AM

Liked: 924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryw View Post
Get the vin number off of it and see if it is a hot potato or whats up with it.. And if all clear take the complete bike..
problem with this can be, lets say bike is kept at a hunting camp, and owner doesn't know its stolen yet,, and thus NOT reported stolen, but then is, and you end up having possession of it?
then what
or sell it and someone tried to register it and comes up stolen, and then send officials your way>

not worth the troubles to me??
with my bad luck, I get caught taking it out and be blamed for stealing it LOL
I'd just report it, be doing the original owner a favor, and help make an atv'er look better to the public maybe too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:59 AM

Liked: 1048 times
Garage
I think the likelihood of seeing someone looking for the bike while your there or coming back is pretty much slim to none. Having worked in northern Alberta for several years you really don't see that many people around and the ones you do certainly don't stop you and ask what your doing. Most of these remote areas are only accessible by private roads that generally the police don't go on. The fact is if it is stolen which I don't doubt it is whether it was stolen stolen or someone got tired of making payments? Idk but it would have been insured and the owner would have got his money anyway, which means the quad is virtually worthless to anybody as it sits. I wouldn't feel bad about stripping a few parts off it and taking them home....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Rubicon. It is White. It has big tires. I like my Can-am better.....when it works.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1878 times
I've got to go with the honest people here bro..DON'T TOUCH IT !!. report it to the local police, and let them handle it, if they take it, and holler back at you later saying no one claimed it ?, and it's all yours ?, then by all means, have at it. but to me ?..your begging for trouble, no way in heck would I put my hands on any part of that atv !.
Macarena Man, Jeepwm69 and jay10 like this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '05 trx500fm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac102004 View Post
I think the likelihood of seeing someone looking for the bike while your there or coming back is pretty much slim to none. Having worked in northern Alberta for several years you really don't see that many people around and the ones you do certainly don't stop you and ask what your doing. Most of these remote areas are only accessible by private roads that generally the police don't go on. The fact is if it is stolen which I don't doubt it is whether it was stolen stolen or someone got tired of making payments? Idk but it would have been insured and the owner would have got his money anyway, which means the quad is virtually worthless to anybody as it sits. I wouldn't feel bad about stripping a few parts off it and taking them home....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and you know as well as me, and any other member here, it's not his !, legally, he's not any way ?. out in the middle of no where does not give him the right to take parts off of it like it was his ?. I say leave, report it, and if the police says it's in the clear, and he can have it ?, then he would steer clear of any trouble.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '05 trx500fm
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Supporting Member

Liked: 512 times
Mac's probably right that taking a few parts would be VERY unlikely to land you in trouble...BUT....Shadetree has the way to go here. If nobody claims it, then you'd have it with a clear conscience and no legal worries.

Not worth the risk for a bunch of used/junk ATV parts, and I'm a parts hoarder who never throws anything away, and am always looking for more parts.
shadetree, Macarena Man and jay10 like this.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:44 AM

Liked: 128 times
Garage
I'd stay clear of it, make the call, how you feel if it was yours, and someone came along taking parts off ? I'd be angry as h--l !
shadetree and Macarena Man like this.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 10:41 AM

Liked: 298 times
Kinda would find it fun to find out the story of it and why its sitting out in bum F(9k Egypt. You never know if someone got stranded and croaked somewhere out in the bush or a missing person, stolen ect..
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Supporting Member

Liked: 1017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryw View Post
Kinda would find it fun to find out the story of it and why its sitting out in bum F(9k Egypt. You never know if someone got stranded and croaked somewhere out in the bush or a missing person, stolen ect..

Maybe Bigfoot got him! -----
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Supporting Member

Liked: 1017 times
............I remember once when I was a kid , I found a football in the street and took it home , my Mom asked where I got the football and I said I found it , she rode in the car while I knocked on every house door on the street till I found out who's ball it was , and when we got home by todays standards she would have gone to jail for child abuse ..... somethings you never forget , never did bring any more balls home
Jeepwm69 and jay10 like this.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 01:31 PM

Liked: 108 times
In my view, make the right decision and/or be aware of what this might cost you in real dollars, shame, etc., assuming someone "caught you bringing some items out and had to answer questions which could get tricky for you"
Jeepwm69 likes this.

2014 Honda Rancher
KFI 2500 lb winch with synthetic rope

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode