Honda ATV Forum banner

Best Place to Mount Winch Contactor

10K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Manny 
#1 ·
I am planning on mounting a Warn 3.0 winch on my 2012 Foreman. The winch is currently on my 01 Rancher. When I installed it on my Rancher several years ago I mounted the contactor in the rear storage compatment. That worked fine except for losing the storage capacity there. I would like to keep the storage compatment on the Foreman intact if possible.

Any sugestions?

#2 ·
I had a Kawasaki Prairie and I mounted my Warn 2.5 contactor on the inside of the radiator tunnel. It was protected from sticks and stuff, and the plastic was thick enough for it to have a solid mount. Only thing I will do is double nut the wires on the contactor cause I had one vibrate off and arc'd on the frame and almost blew the entire electrical system. My battery was to hot to touch for 30 minutes and I had to pull start it. Battery was ruined.

#3 ·
I just installed one on my 09 Foreman and thought the same way...wanted to keep my rear storage. I mounted mine on the outside of the storage compartment in the right rear wheelwell and sealed it up with silicone. I can post pictures later of how it looks later after I get home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.