Honda ATV Forum banner

05 rincon 650 won't run

9K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  kentco 
#1 ·
I was washin my quad yesterday and went to pull it in the garage and it ran weird for a second then wouldn't run at all so I said f it an pushed it in the garage and deal with it tommorow. Well today I took the spark plug out it has spark but when I crank it over with the plug out I don't even get a mist of fuel the weird thing is I just bought a brand new carb from motosport 250 dollars later it won't run it will sputter if I prime it but will not run since its snorkels I knoticed it would suck the air box down but know it feels like it pushes the air box up but it still pushes air out the exhaust please help!

#5 ·
my dad an experienced car mechanic says it jumped time please explain how it did this he says if it got low oil pressure the cam chain tensioner is hydraulic and it cause loosnes and jump time is this correct? if it did jumptime hopfully i didnt bend a valve im gunna take it apart and look

#8 ·
more then likely its a worn cam chain. and the adjuster couldn't keep tension any longer. while your in there change the tensioner and inspect the chain guides and replace if necessary. also, if your going to purchase a mud buster cam, do your research you may need hardened rocker arms to support that bigger cam.

#9 ·
well i decided to take it apart while i was doing nothing. i found this wheel cleaner at advanced that works great its called super wheel cleaner comes in a purple bottle and its awsome!!! i cleaned my front aluminum guard with it my head my valve cover it works great! with a little scrubbing the dried up nasty mud comes off i also painted my exhaust black while i was there i left the aluminum peice alone i think it looks good i recomend it for any one its a lilttle expensive at 6 dollars a bottle but right now its buy one get one

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
I agree with Manny. Check the chain adjusted while you're in there. The wheel cleaner really cleaned things up well. Good idea.
Do you have a Rincon Service Manual? If not, I do. However, you'll have to get back to me right away as I'm leaving for Australia and Papua New Guinea early Saturday morning. Otherwise, there are manuals on the internet that you can download for a very small charge.
Good luck! It looks like you're on the right track. (Be sure to readjust your valves after this work as well).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.