Honda ATV Forum banner

88 300 fourtrax

4K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  masterofpain304 
#1 ·
front tires off of my 4x4 will not work on my 88 2x4, tires rub the struts, any way around this?

#2 ·
nope..you need the right size offset rims bro to keep your tires from rubbing the struts. now..you can however...turn the tires ( rims ) inside out to clear the struts..but you will need to swap the rims from one side to the other ..then you loose the didrection of your treads..lol. your best bet..find you the right offset rims..this will solve your problem.

#7 ·
ummm..that's a good question...i really don't see any problems ??..it may look very odd !!..lol..and your lug nuts won't fit right..they will fit..just won't go down into the recess right.

#9 ·
then..it will work..the offset will face out..putting your tires wayyyyyy out..lol..someone from here did that with thier trx250..i forget who it was ??..lol..thats what yours will look like !..lol.

#11 ·
yes..the 2x4's have more speed..because there is no load on the front end !..lol.. the 2x4 and 4x4 trx300's have the same motor..right down to the last gear..lol..only thing different between them..the left hand side cover is made for the side ( middle drive shaft )..and they changed the output shaft to run the side drive shaft to work the front end..if you ever blow your 4x4 motor up..you can take the inside tranny..left side cover..and the output shaft..and convert a 2x4 into a 4x4 with these parts.

#12 ·
for some reason the older 300's are faster, my dad had a 93 and sold it to my cousin, and my dad still has an 88, me and my cousin raced them 1 night, i let him get about 300 yards in front of me wide open 5th gear and i hammered down and pulled up beside of him and hes like man im wide open, and i laughed and passed him like he was setting still, and my dads 88 is all stock

#13 ·
The '88 models have a bigger cam.

#22 ·
What size did you go with,1" 2" 3"????..............I am thinking of getting some of them but don't want to sacrifice durability just to save some money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.