Honda ATV Forum banner

2007 420 Rancher Starter Problems

7K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  bsxpress 
#1 ·
I bought a 2007 Honda Rancher to fix up. The previous owner bought it new and said while it sat over the winter it would no longer start. So I bought it off him and bring it back and try to start it and the starter never even tries to start. I checked the fuse on the back of the atv and connections but couldn't think of what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Battery. Get the battery tested and/or replaced. LOL

#4 ·
Does the neutral light come on?

#6 ·
I would try jumping the two posts on the solenoid (starter relay) and see if it will start.

#8 ·
Compression is supposed to be about 73 PSI. The reason it's so low is because the cam has a decompression device.

#9 ·
compression was good. There is a bolt to the left of the spark plug that looks to be missing. I am sure the bolt was there for a reason, but do you know if it was necessary. I tried to find it in the manual and it looks like it was a philips head screw but didn't say much about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.